OT: Harley-Davidson

tobala
Alabama
Saturday, August 15, 2015 7:36 PM
Is this for real or just a concept ? Anyone seen one ?[view link]

9 comments

• crshsnwmn
    9 years ago
    The street 500 & 750 are made in the Kansas City plant along with the sportster, dyna and vrod.
  • crshsnwmn
    9 years ago
    I don't work for hd, just own one - finally toured the plant last fall during open house. I'm a lurker by nature on any forum, and in my area the quickest way to make an extras girl disappear is to discuss activities on the boards, therefore no reviews - they are the same shit clubs as 20 years ago, only names of the clubs and faces of the dancers change.
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    A H-D concept is Project Livewire.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    working link: [view link] SJG [view link]
  • tobala
    9 years ago
    I should've checked my link to make sure it worked. My apologys. Thanks SJG for the working link. The white throwback racing bike in the picture caught my eye. I didn't know HD was making bikes that small. I also looked up Live Wire but a company called Zero Motorcycle already has an electric bike on the market although I don't know many details about them. Thanks for your comments even though my link didn't work.
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    H-D has no present plans to put Livewire on the market. Rumor has it that some wealthy tech dude in CA offered a $mil for one and H-D refused. I rode one and it is one quick SOB! Has two settings, sort of a mild one and then the balls to the wall one. On that setting it felt like it would accelerate right out from under me.
  • tobala
    9 years ago
    @Mr O - How far will it go on a charge?
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I had heard years ago that Harley Davidson was interested in making higher revving and lighter weight motorcycles, to compete with the "crotch rocket" type. To me that is what this one looks like. I notice the short wheel base and the overall shape. And yes, electric vehicles usually have great low end acceleration. This is their strength. It is at high speed that they start to have difficulties. SJG [view link] Chaka Khan [view link]
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    They said about 90 miles at present. Not good for anything but commuting. Rech, The motor gives full torque the second power is applied, and as you said builds up to max in an engine. See below... [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion