tuscl

Musicians referencing specific strip clubs in songs

Clackport
Washington
In a recent song rapper Drake says, "Second floor at Tootsie's getting shoulder rubs". At first people didn't know if he was talking about a restaurant or the strip club in Miami, but then a couple of reps from the strip club Tootsie's said in the VIP/second floor they offer shoulder rubs, so Drake must have been talking about the strip club Tootsie's.

Can you think of other songs where musicians actually referenced specific strip clubs?

Also, I'm wondering if that helps business for that strip club when they get name dropped in a song?

Thoughts?

20 comments

• tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Black lives mater.
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    Oldie but goodie:

Outkast:
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    "Copacabanna" by Barry Manilow
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    Outkast: Claim'n True

I ain't forgot about y'all women who be working Nikki's butt naked
    At Magic City, shaking titties just to pay the rent
    Lord, trying to hustle must be something that was heaven sent
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    Too many to count as far as Atlanta clubs go. I'll list as many as I can remember:

DJ UNK ft. Outkast and Jim Jones- Walk it Out Remix (Magic City and Body Tap)
    Ludacris- Pussy Poppin' (Magic City, Strokers, Pleasers)
    Travis Porter-Follies
    Jermaine Dupri & Ludacris- Welcome to Atlanta (Strokers)
    Shawty Lo ft. Ludacris & Gucci Mane- ATLANTA GA (Magic City, Body Tap)
    Outkast- Claimin' True (Magic City)
    Ying Yang Twings-Say I Yi Yi (Blue Flame, Magic City, Pleasers, Body Tap)
    Waka Flocka Flame- Magic City
    Future- Freak Hoe (Magic City)
    Future- Magic (Magic City)
    Future-Trending Topic (Follies)
    Yo Gotti ft. Future- Drug Money (Magic City)
    Jeezy ft. Rich Homie Quan-No Pressure (Magic City)
    Migos- Came to Party (Follies)
    Migos ft. Drake, Meek Mill, Kid Cali- Versace G-Mix (Follies)
    Gucci Mane and Raury- Dead People (Follies)
    Gucci Mane & Chief Keef- Semi On Them (Strokers)
    Jeezy-Air Forces (Strokers)
    Gucci Mane-Club Hoppin' (Strokers, Pin-Ups, Club Blaze, Cheetah, Onyx, Magic City)
    Travis Porter- Cake (Kamal's 21, Magic City, Strokers)
    Young Thug- Freaky (Pleasers)
    Roscoe Dash- Sexy Girl Anthem (Strokers, Magic City, Pin-Ups, Club Blaze, Onyx, Platinum 21, Body Tap, Blue Flame)

There are literally hundreds more but that is all that I can think of and I believe it does help a club get noticed.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Drake had a line about KOD (King of Diamonds) in Miami......

2. Drake's "All Me"

"Oh me, oh me, oh my/I think I done fucked too many women from the 305/'Fore the end of this year, I'll do King of Diamonds three more times/Smoking on that kush all in our section like it's legalized."
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    gewings - That list sure reinforces the claim that Atlanta is the hip hop capital of the world but how did Cheetah make the list?
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    Didn't Crosby Stills & Nash sing something about them bitches at Deja Vu?
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “Girls Girls Girls” - Motley Crue (1987)

“Girls Girls Girls
    At the Dollhouse in Ft Lauderdale
    Girls Girls Girls
    Rocking in Atlanta at Tattletails
    Girls Girls Girls
    Raising hell in the 7th Veil”

“Girls Girls Girls
    Body Shop and the Marble Arch
    Girls Girls Girls
    Tropicana's where I lost my heart”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLtwd8zF…
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I didn't join TUSCL till 2012 – my first SC trip to ATL was in Feb 2011 and I went to Magic City b/c I'd heard it mentioned in a hip-hop song that was popular at the time but I can't remember the song or how it went – I think the lyric went something like “... she dance at Magic City ...” but can't remember anything else about the song right now.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Top ten rap song references to King of Diamonds Miami
    http://www.miaminewtimes.com/music/king-…

BTW that Drake song is called "Back 2 Back". Speaking of Drake, he's from Toronto, and there's a strip club in Toronto called "Club Paradise". He put out a song a few years ago called "Club Paradise", and the name of one of his tours a few years ago was called "Club Paradise". He's paying major homage lol. I bet business really went up at that club. I know if I ever get to Toronto, I'll have to check out Club Paradise lol.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I listen to rap music every time I am with the DS. Just about every song that I can understand the words to are about strippers and strip clubs. there do literally seem to be hundreds of them.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    I checked the lyrics, and I find that Bob Seger's "Mainstreet" does not mention any strip club by name. But Seger is better than all that rap crap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3k8grc9…
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Gewings knows his Atlanta hip hop!

Speaking of Drake again lol, in a Waka Flocka Flame song called "Round of Applause" featuring Drake, Drake says, "I'm up in stadium in D.C. still tipping man. Stadium is a strip club in D.C., knowing what we know about the DC clubs, I don't think any of the DC clubs deserve a shoutout.

On a sidenote why do all you older guys always whine and complain about rap music in the clubs? You do know that's probably your CF's favorite kind of music? (and most of the strippers there) You do know the main attraction for strip clubs is the women, not the music? You do know in 2015 hip hop is the most popular form of music? (that's why the DJs always play it). You don't hear us young guys complaining about country and rock music in the strip clubs. If you dislike hip hop so much, my suggestion is stop going to the clubs that play hip hop and/or open up your own club where they just play rock and country, and see how successful your club will be. We're in 2015, it's not the 80's anymore.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    I listen to rap\hip hop so I know a lot of references to black strip clubs. Most have been mentioned including king of diamonds, follies, magic city and onyx. Haven't heard this drake song where he mentions tootsies.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    And yeah ranukams right. You old fucks need to get with the times. Rap and hip hop is most popular right now. Especially in clubs but I will say rather rock n roll or pop than that techno shit or god forsaken country music.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    I've loved rap since the early 80s, but IMO the best rap isn't about strippers. It can be fun silly party music, but I don't care to hear it in any other setting. That's ok, though. I don't go to strip clubs to hear the "best music" of any kind.

That said, Gewings absolutely rules!
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I saw a mini documentary about magic city recently and it referenced how some rappers got their break by being lucky enough to have their music played at magic city. Specifically "Future."

You guys keep referencing southern rap artists and drake, I am more of an east coast hip hop fan and I'm wondering why none of them along with the Detroit guys never mention their strip club haunts?
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    It all depends on who you want to believe.

http://www.hypebot.com/hypebot/2015/01/n…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion