tuscl

Dating and Marrying a Dancer . . .

Sunday, September 12, 2004 2:27 PM
Although I think the idea is absurd here's my 2 cents: When you meet that special dancer try and focus on coming many times a week even if you can only afford a few dances. Also, try and schedule your visit when the place is relatively dead so your business will be more appreciated. GO SLOW and have a sense of humor. MOST IMPORTANTLY ONLY LOOK and BUY dances from her. This one angel of a dancer believed that I had to be in love with her because of 1) my numerous visits 2) I ONLY looked at her and 3) I ONLY bought dances from her (the other dancers were telling that I would NOT buy except from her, which was true). It turns out I was in love with her, but didn't want to accept it. As far as marrying a dancer every once in a blue moon you find a dancer who is looking for marriage to escape what they believe is prostitution i.e. dancing. Go to the real trash clubs where there is more desperation ALL around. I believe some of these dancers would make excellent wives if treated with kindness and respect. But, be prepared to act fast once you learn they're interested in marriage--They go off the market FAST!!!

6 comments

• Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Hi Casualguy, He was driving her car (she was with him, but since he's the male he was driving). He got pulled over in a traffic stop. The officer asked if he could search the car. My buddy said of course--after all he hadn't done anything wrong and only criminals need to be afraid of the police. Well he got the shock of his life. There wasn't just a joint or a few pills in the trunk. There was a large bag of pills (thousands). Of course, both he and she claimed to know nothing about the drugs. If the police gave a damn, then could have done a more thorough investigation. Unfortunately, the courts as a rule aren't very interested in the truth and have ruled repeatedly that the police don't have to investigate for exculpatory evidence which in many cases will lead to the true criminal. I had another buddy get tied up in the drug game, but he got off. Of course, I don't know if he was guilty or not guilty. But, I do know that for all of the many years I've known him, he has been an anti-drug nut and even after going thru the system he still believes in the drug laws and believes they should be even more draconian. But, he has complete contempt for judges and lawyers saying that they're even worse than drug dealers or murderers. So despite his anti-drug nonsense, he does have his good side. :)
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    Ok you got me curious. Hope you don't mind me asking but how did your buddy who wasn't a drug user get 3 years? Did he get caught in a raid just after his girlfriend said "here hold this." Were they stopped in traffic and drugs were in the car? I'm just curious if you don't mind shedding some light on this.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Hi SuperDude, Some dancers have a lot of problems. Some women have a lot of problems. It seems reasonable you would want to avoid problems. Yes, it definitely seems like dancers as a group have more issues than regular women. My point was that just because a woman is a dancer doesn't mean she wouldn't make a wonderful wife depending on your values. For some men just the fact she takes off her clothes for money is reason enough to scratch her from serious dating and marriage consideration. That seems reasonable. Some men would reject any woman who is not a virgin. That seems reasonable. Some men would reject a woman because she is fat. That seems reasonable. If you don't object to her dancing, then she might be worth further consideration. As far as the drugs, I was raised in the drug culture as a wee lad and I actually prefer a woman who has no problem using illegal drugs, EXCEPT for the heavy hand of government which makes me nervous about such women. This one dancer was stunned that I wouldn't use illegal drugs due to FEAR of the law. Well it's the old risk v. reward. Drugs legal or illegal don't give me enough benefits to be very interested in them. My one super high is HOT women. Unattractive or average women have NO interest to me. I still remember a buddy who got 3 years for his girlfriend's drugs (he wasn't a drug user just desperate for ANY female attention).
  • SuperDude
    20 years ago
    It seems that dancers have more confusion, disorganization and financial management issues than most women. At least I hear about it a lot. Why would I want to marry someone who doesn't have a grip on her life? It's not her work as a dancer that puts me off, it's the drugs, the thug boyfriends, the need for constant reassurance that I know that I cannot handle. Maybe I'm a wuss, but marriage is tough enough sometimes without marrying a drama queen.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Hi SuperDude, Saying NO to marrying or dating a dancer is the safe choice. Sorta like saying NO to sexual intercourse is the safe choice. :) Yes, a dancer can be dangerous because often she has mastered the art of presenting herself in a very seductive manner in order to increase her earnings. She may have become adept at telling stories you want to hear. Or, she might be a great lady. This applies also to regular women with the difference being there is NOT nearly the constant lure of greater income for being deceitful. It wouldn't surprise me if dancers had more successful relationships than regular women after they left the business--I wonder if there are any studies on the subject.
  • SuperDude
    20 years ago
    Just say "NO!" Dating or marrying a dancer will get you nothing but grief.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion