tuscl

Suggestions while traveling I-95 and I-40

At the end of the month I'll be traveling from Philly on I-95 to Raleigh, then I-40 down to Ft. Smith. Any suggestions on good clubs along the way? (Thanks to missdixie69 and FONDL who gave me good leads earlier.)

2 comments

• casualguy
    20 years ago
    One side of I-40 in the mountains fell into a river so they immediately closed I-40 for inspections. I read a crack was found in the road going all the way across to the other side. I heard they now have one lane open going in each direction but expect traffic jams and/or delays if you travel I-40 through the NC mountains into Tennessee. If it's a busy travel time, I would definitely recommend a different route. Link http://www.thecarolinachannel.com/newsar…
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    Yesterday I heard on the Weather Channel that a section of I-40 near the NC-TN border was washed out by hurricane Ivan and will be closed for a year. I'd find a different route if I were you. You might want to head up to I-81 from Raleigh. Or if you can skip Raleigh, go PA turnpike to I-70, you'll pass right by Filly Coral Showbar, which is one of the best clubs anywhere. But check their website first, they're sometimes only open 4 nights a week.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion