tuscl

Dallas or Atlanta?

knight_errant
New Jersey
for SC layover? Best for frequent pull-down-my-fly-by-her miles?

12 comments

• JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    As much as I love baby dolls I could never vote against follies. Atlanta.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Dallas
    Herb Adderley (1970-1972)
    Troy Aikman (1989-2000)
    Larry Allen (1994-2005)
    Lance Alworth (1971-1972)
    Mike Ditka (1969-1972)
    Tony Dorsett (1977-1987)
    Forrest Gregg (1971)
    Bob Hayes (1965-1974)
    Michael Irvin (1988-1999)
    Tom Landry (1960-1988)
    Bob Lilly (1961-1974)
    Tommy McDonald (1964)
    Bill Parcells (2003-06)
    Mel Renfro (1964-1977)
    Deion Sanders (1995-99)
    Emmitt Smith (1990-2002)
    Jackie Smith (1978)
    Roger Staubach (1969-1979)
    Randy White (1975-1988)
    Rayfield Wright (1967-1979)

Atlanta

Some guy that went to jail for dog fighting

You be the judge

• crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Nice! ^^^
  • dallas702
    9 years ago
    Willy, Lilly, Jethro and George. There will never be a more fearsome foursome. Even Too Tall was a step behind!

But for entertaining strippers, ATL may have an "extra" edge, especially considering Follies. Extra fun IS available in Dallas. Cab Royale, behind a chair fort, may currently offer the best selection and value in Dallas.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    In my limited experience ATL seems more like a one-trick pony – i.e. no other clubs in ATL seems to offer the level of “customer service” Follies does.

Dallas has a few more choices where you can more or less get the same amount of mileage in various clubs – but yeah – if extras are a must then Follies may be a better option – plus w/ $10 dances your $$$ will go 2x as far @ Follies (all Dallas clubs are $20/LD AFAIK).
  • VeryBigDawg
    9 years ago
    Papi and JS69 got it right: Atlanta.

The only problem with Follies is that it is NOT near the airport. There is closer club to airport "GoldRush" but your SC $ won't go as far there.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Motor, somehow you left out Don Meredith. He was the guy throwing bombs to Bob Hayes
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Dallas - 8 Super Bowl appearances – 5 Super Bowl wins

Atlanta – 0 for 1 think

So Dallas it is :)
  • minnow
    9 years ago
    Since Dallas (DFW, and to a certain extent DAL Love Field) and Atlanta are major hub airports, I'm assuming OP has a lengthy interval of time (like 3 hours or more) to make a connection. If this is the case vs an overnight stay, I can think of better options than these 2 for stripclubs near the airport.

For ATL, I've actually taken a cab to Goldrush, and MARTA (they have a terminal stop) to within a block of Cheetah. In both cases, though, I was already staying at airport area hotel, so I can't speak for a tight connection, or dragging your carry-on to club.
    For DFW, Lodge is probably the closest (8-10 mile drive), for Love Field, Mens Club or Baby Dolls (5-6 miles).
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Goldrush is not that great IMO. Maybe follies or cheetah is better but I wouldn't waste money at goldrush.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Yeah - i visited Goldrush once I thought it sucked (in a bad way) - little to no mileage on the floor - ATL is Follies or bust IMO
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    When I first moved to Atlanta back in 1987 the Goldrush was a very good mixed club and the best club on the south side of town. Just prior to the '96 Olympics the city did a major clean up operation of street walkers and strip clubs. A lot of clubs didn't make it back.

Now the Goldrush is just another black dive that advertises being the closest club to the airport. I used to go occasionally but I haven't been in over a year now.

I did meet minnow there the first time I met him. The next time will be at Follies.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion