tuscl

OT: what is a quick visit to McDonalds look like to you ?

For me its I keep it cheap and just order a large tea, 2 double cheeseburger s, 2 apple pies and a fudge sunda

24 comments

• jackslash
    9 years ago
    A quick visit is to drive right by, doing my tastebuds a favor.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    I can't eat that crap anymore. I'm not sure if the quality of the food keeps decreasing, my tastebuds keep changing, or maybe some of both, but there used to be a time when I actually liked McDs. Not anymore and that seemed to evolve over time as I ate less and less of their food less each year.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Lol..jack u will never gain sausage fingerslike da mane....

Strippers call my fingers satisfries
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    A quick trip? Medium fries.

A meal? I used to get two $1 chicken sandwiches and a small fry, diet coke. But they're eliminating their dollar menu.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

Yeah... I don't like eating at McDonalds anymore.

Don't like Burger King or Wendy's anymore either.

If I want a burger, I much rather have a burger from one of my local bars or clubs.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    War preach it my brother....yes local bars or at home is best....but a quick trip quick fix i hit the golden Arches
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Two egg McMuffins
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    And a side of pussy
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Two spicy chicken sandwiches and two apple pies
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Shadow just called me a shit head! Check out the 3000 topic thread.....haha
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    2 double cheeseburgers and 2 apple pies with a blueberry pomegranate smoothie.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    A quick visit is me driving right on by. Eating fast food is a once in a blue moon kind of event. Last time I checked a McD's cheeseburger had 440 calories not to mention all the excess fat, carbs and sugar. Double that since no one eats just 1 cheeseburger plus add another 1000 calories with that fry and drink and you've eaten almost EVERYTHING you should be eating for the entire day. Don't even get me started on how bad the specialty coffees, shakes and smoothies are for you.

I can make a large gulp size smoothie at home with frozen strawberries, plain yogurt, unsweetened soy milk, splenda and ice for less than 250 calories. Tastes better than anything from Sonic. Cheaper and healthier too. Takes 5 minutes so it's usually faster as well.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Rick,

I totally agree with your post. At one time, I too liked McD's. You are spot on - did their food decline that much or did I change? But I can barely tolerate any food on their menu except for an occassional Filet 'O Fish. I do stop almost every morning for a large Unsweetened Ice Tea. It's still only a dollar and it's better tasting tea than anywhere.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    ...and their management keeps wondering why sales are declining.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I still say their fries are pretty decent. The McNuggets aren't as good as I remember them as a kid.

@seaboardrr, you're right that buying a bucket of soda is a bad plan, but you can always go diet or with just water.

I need about 3,000 calories a day based on my height and activity level, so I realize I have a skewed view on calorie counts. A 500 calorie meal leaves me hungry a couple hours later.
  • samsung1
    9 years ago
    The line at drive thru is too long. I can't rely on it and don't want to be late.

They do have some hotties working there. I once tried arranging otc but it didn't work. Lol
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Food's pretty good out here in the Big Apple ain't it, RickyBoy?
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Would a McDs hottie do OTC for minimum wage?
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Lol
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    In my estimation (and I grew up in the fast food industry) McDs screwed up their drive thru operation when the brought out their "McCafe" line. Don't get me wrong, it's an excellent product, but the time required to make them will cut the drive thru effectiveness by a factor of two or three, and requires another person who has to be paid.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    I do have to say I love their french fries when they're fresh but I've probably eaten less than a medium fry from there over the last year or so. Basically, whatever the kids haven't eaten I'll grab a couple. I don't even get water or diet drinks. We both keep a contigo with crystal light when we're out. I keep myself around 2000 calories or less per day to maintain so hitting fast food constantly just isn't in the cards.

Mrs sea tells me all the time about the women at work complaining about their weight or talking about hitting the gym but then at lunch they scarf down loads of fast food. Or in the morning they grab one of those McCafe things which is basically loaded with sugar and caffeine that equals a whole meal. I agree with ATAC, drives me nuts when I do run through and have to sit in line seeing them handing out those coffee drinks through the window. Glad I hit a fast food place for the kids and still had to spend 10 minutes to get through the line.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I don't think McD's quality has declined that much, its just you have so many more options these days compared to 15 years ago.

Sometimes on the road I will grab breakfast there - I get the eggwhite McMuffin, usually throw the Canadian Bacon on somebody's windshield in the parking lot.

Only other time I stop there (which is more often than I like) it late night coming off a red eye or after visiting a strip club/bars in the middle of the night.... I get 4 piece McNuggets, plan Cheeseburger, small Fry and Hi-C Orange which I love there!!! Damn I should just get a kids meal.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    forgot to mention - McDonalds is the best for when you're driving, hard to eat anything from Taco Bell when you're on the road!
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    When I'm driving if we run through somewhere the best place is to find a Krystals and grab a sack of them.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion