tuscl

Indy 2AMer.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Two men were shot early Friday morning on the city's Westside near the Sunset Strip gentleman's club.

Police responded to a call of a person shot near Lafayette Road and 16th Street. Officers found two people shot, one outside of Sunset Strip and one near 16th and Tremont streets, Fox59 reported.

Both victims have been transported to Eskenazi Hospital. One victim is in critical condition, but both are awake and talking.

Police say the initial investigation shows the two men got into an argument at the club. Then, the two men went out into the street where things escalated. Investigators believe the two men shot at each other.

The shooting spilled into a Phillips 66 fueling station.

The area of Lafayette and 16th St. will likely remain closed for much of the morning. Drivers should avoid the area.

This investigation is ongoing and this story will be updated as more information becomes available.

5 comments

• sinclair
    9 years ago
    The reviews for this club indicated it was a dump, so I always avoided it. I never realized Indy had a Jewish hospital.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I lived in Indianapolis in the 80's and still have family there so I go back several times per year I never heard of it either.

When the old Wishard Hospital was closed in 2013 a new hospital was built nearby

• saer
    9 years ago
    I live fairly close to Indianapolis and I visit fairly often; I've never heard of that club either.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    It's a black club – sorta explains most TUSCLers having not visited or be familiar w/ the club – and kinda also explains the violence.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    The old Wishard Hospital had a nationally recognized Level One trauma center. Because so many shooting and stabbing victims were brought to the hospital, the police actually had a detention area located in the hospital.

I don't know if the new hospital has one too.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion