tuscl

Books on the Strip Club scene . . .

Sunday, November 21, 2004 4:29 AM
I've never read any. Well actually I did and it was excellent--"Patpong Sisters" by Cleo Odzer. I haven't read any on the American Strip Club scene. Searching [view link] I found "G-Strings and Sympathy: Strip Club Regulars and Male Desire" by Katherine Frank. Sometime back there was a TV blip on a SUPER HOT stripper who had an IQ of something like 180 and she was erudite to boot. I believe her stated reason for dancing is that she wanted the raw sexual attention--she was also financially secure if I recall correctly. If she's written a book(s), then I'd probably buy it. :) So has anyone read any books or comics on the Strip Club scene?

4 comments

• ArtCollege
    20 years ago
    Carl Hiassen wrote a funny mystery entitled Striptease, about a stripper, a Senator, and the sugar barons of Florida. Made into a movie with Demi Moore. More about politics than stripping, but a good bit of the story happens in a strip club. The movie has a pretty hot R-rated scene of Demi stripping.
  • tom_pb
    20 years ago
    "Ivy League Stripper" is sort of autobiographical by a stripper who workd her way through Brown as a stripper in Providence. She has a web site and seems to have stayed in the sex business. I also read "Strip City" by a stripper who decides to cross the US stripping during the year before she gets married. She gives her shoes away at the end. Both books were given to me by my ATF who left with her husband for a better life BUT didn't give away her shoes. Both books are very good at giving the customer some insight as to what the girls endure working and how they relate to customers and each other.
  • SuperDude
    20 years ago
    Also "Dancing Naked in the Material World." May be out of print.
  • SuperDude
    20 years ago
    "Lapdancer" by Juliana Beasley is her photo journal of her last year as a dancer. Powerhouse Books, NYC, ISBN 1-57687-139-8 available from [view link]. Lots of photographs with a catchy, written from the inside, text. No heavy analysis.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion