tuscl

Future HOFer Troy Polamalu retires

sflguy123
Florida
Saw him trending on twitter and figured this was why. I think the last time I saw a Steeler trending was former HC Chuck Noll. I knew that couldn't be good.

Troy is one of the greats but his skills have greatly diminished. To retire was the only decision.

Yes I'm a Steeler fan since the late 70's.

13 comments

• carlos_spiceyweiner
    9 years ago
    I'm a Steeler fan since the mid 70's. He was a great player, one of my all time favorites.
  • grand1511
    9 years ago
    Did he cut his hair before this decline?
  • carlos_spiceyweiner
    9 years ago
    No. Still has the long hair.
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    So glad he didn't play for any other team
  • carlos_spiceyweiner
    9 years ago
    Same here, GoVikings. I hate it when guys with great careers try to extend their stay in the NFL with a 1 year move to another team. I understand they want the money, and the NFL is a business, but I still prefer the greats to stick to a single team.
  • whodey
    9 years ago
    My feelings are mixed on this subject.

As a Bengals fan I think this will make things a little easier for my team.

However, as a fan of the sport in general, it is sad to see such a talented player leave the game.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Even as a Giants diehard Troy will be sorely missed.I can't think of a player that left more of himself on the field than him.Fuck Pete Carroll.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Steelers! Steelers! Steelers!
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    What's this? "Toasting" a quitter?

Seriously. having watched many greats move on to other teams when they should have hung it up, refreshing to see him retire gracefully.

• ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    I have bled black and gold for 30 years and I am sorry to see him go. Too many injuries the last couple of years, mostly because of the punishing way that he played. As much as I will miss watching him, I'm glad that he has gotten out while he can still walk and has at least most of his brain intact.

He was a perfect fit for Steelers football and a fan favorite. It says a lot about the man that he elected to retire at this point rather than stretch it out.

• Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I remember him from USC and actually saw him play live down here in Miami when USC beat Oklahoma for the national championship back in the 2000s.

He was a very physical player and I was astonished when I first found out he was just 208 pounds.
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    I really don't think he had a choice but to retire. Pittsburgh wasn't gonna keep him and giving how much his game has dimished I don't really see that a lot of teams would have been interested.

Hines Ward tried to keep going after Pitt but found no takers.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    Very good player in his prime and when healthy, he was a shell of himself last 5 years or so due to injury and age but he had to be a great steadying influence for the steelers.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion