tuscl

The party is over at Platinum in Greenville

Ironcat
South Carolina
Friday, March 27, 2015 9:37 AM
Just saw on the news today that the Greenville County Sheriff is investigating Platinum Plus for "Prostitution and general nascence" charges. They were sweeping the place for evidence (used condoms?) according to the report. With all the murders and crime we have in this county you would think that they would have better things to investigate. It will be interesting to see how this affects the place

39 comments

• rickdugan
    9 years ago
    What worries me more is what this will mean for the other clubs in Greenville. When one clubs gets cracked down on, it often makes the other clubs around it tighten up for a while for fear of the same.
  • slickwilliam
    9 years ago
    :( I schedule a seminar in SoCar a few years back just to try the local specialities I've read so much about here, even though the SoCar seminar was the worst of a half a dozen around the country (had to cancel at the last minute anyway).
  • impala
    9 years ago
    Guess someone at platinum forgot to make their monthly donation to the county sheriff retirement fund.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Ridiculous.
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    Man that sux. But I always preferred PP Cola anyway
  • ididthisonce
    9 years ago
    @Iron - Do you have a news link?
  • foxhole
    9 years ago
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    "complaints of prostitution and other nuisances" - Pretty flimsy. I'd like to see who those complaints are from.
  • foxhole
    9 years ago
    Quite a bummer. It was one my favorite clubs. It will have adverse effect on all Greenville clubs. I hope this does not negatively effect PP Cola. I am planning to take my business there for a while.
  • impala
    9 years ago
    I wonder if it's an election year for the local district attorney? Come on, violations of some type can be found at just about any club or bar (strip club or not). If it was thought prostitution or gambling or something else was going on at a regular club (such as a fire hall, a legion or a Freemasons hall) that the more a flaunt members of society frequented, there would be no investigation. They go after strip clubs because they are easy targets in the public eye, and the media portrays them as a detriment to society. If they have been in buiseness this long without a problem why now. There is more to this story than we are being told.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Sometimes all it takes is for someone from the community having it in for the club and filing a complaint – once a complaint is filed; LE probably has to act on it.
  • Ironcat
    9 years ago
    I agree with Impala - Platinum is a highly visible club that can be seen as you drive into Greenville on Rt. 385 coming up from Columbia and other points south. You would think that it has been on the radar of the "morality police" for some time. There is probably more to the story. i'm watching the local news to see if they report more information
  • ididthisonce
    9 years ago
    Ironcat gave a better report than both WYFF and WLOS news. I have always been wary of in-club cameras. No idea if they have them at PP.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    There are cameras in all of the PP clubs but as far as I know none are in the couch dance rooms. I know this because I was in the office of the Columbia PP a few years ago and saw the 15 or 20 monitors and none were on the private rooms.
  • ididthisonce
    9 years ago
    Dancers at Heartbreakers Columbia SC (now closed) used to take me to what each said was a blind spot in the dance room. I also wonder how long each club maintains these recordings.
  • impala
    9 years ago
    I know of a strip club in NE PA that has cameras that the owner has it set up so that he can watch footage from any computer hooked to the internet. It is also rumored (by a very very reliable source) that he once had problems with LE and now allows them access to the footage. He uses it as motivation to the girls not to "misbehave". No dead spots and the only places without cameras are the restrooms and his office (and a lot goes on in there).
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Total bullshit. Not much prostitution going on there unless one takes a very expansive definition of the term. Only sex I was ever offered was in the insanely expensive VIP which I never did.
  • bang69
    9 years ago
    PP in Greenville has cameras in the couch room as well as the champagne room. That is why the dancers always took their customers to the blind spot. Give it a few weeks & it will be biz as normal at this club.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I'd like to know more about this as well because I haven't seen anything in this club since they shutdown thememphis club. This club used to be more fun several years ago. That was years ago. Now I don't see anything going on. A dancer once told me there were cameras in the lap dance room, hidden above. It is a very brightly lit lap dance area. I can look around at everyone, no privacy and see that no is getting any extras.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    If LDK visited,they might have found a condom. Someone who can jizz in his pants that easy might bring protection to avoid messing up his clothes.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    We just need a few thousand customers to file complaints with the Greenville police claiming the police dept is a nuisance and then there will be a new number one target business to shut down. Actually I suspect one person is complaining or someone is up for election. In Greenville, I would think you might lose a few thousand votes though. Seceral hundred thousand in south Carolina believe in defending their rights and freedom.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    shark - You need to do your home work. The county sheriff made the raid. The club is outside of the city limits.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    ok county sheriff. Seems like it should be in the city. That would probably be a big tax bill increase for the club if they were annexed. My local police where I live just tells the city council they will need extra staff when Walmart comes to town to handle all the extra business resulting from a new business instead of claiming it's a nuisance and trying to shut it down. I mean Walmart has shoplifters, robbers, homeless people and a lot of riff raft, could be considered a public nuisance with all the extra police calls. More business means more people. Oh well, must be a public campaign or something. stip clubs always get demonized by someone.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    Who ever heard of raiding a strip club in the morning before it's open? That's like holding up a store before there's any money in the till. These cops must be total Barney Fifes. They blew their big chance to charge in with guns drawn all badass like and herd all the scared strippers into a corner and take their pictures.
  • Ironcat
    9 years ago
    I agree - this was not what I would expect if they were trying to catch someone in the act - I wonder if they have other evidence that they are not sharing about other activity going on in the place. They may also have sent in undercover officers that collected offers for extras and the "raid" was just to get the case to court. I know a few Greenville county deputies and I'll see if they will offer any information.
  • ididthisonce
    9 years ago
    Wonder who was there to let the cops in?
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    shadow posted: "The county sheriff made the raid. The club is outside of the city limits." ************************************************************************************************************************* The problem is that Trophy and Lust are also outside the city limits, also making them potential targets for the county sheriff. In fact, I'm was surprised to hear that it was PP targeted rather than one of the others.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Fuck....if shit tightness up i will have no choice but to save up go less and just travel to follies in Georgia
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    Some news reports said that the sheriff's narcotics unit conducted the raid, even though the sheriff himself said they were responding to "complaints of prostitution and various other nuisances". So maybe he just included "prostitution" in his sound bite to make sure it got his face on TV. A 6:30 AM sweep for evidence could make more sense if it's drugs they're looking for.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Maybe the cleaning lady's BF sells pot. :)
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    The club was slow when I last visited. A dancer at another club told me they had 15 warrants out for arrest. I'm not sure what they are looking for but if you can barely even touch someone, I won't be interested in visiting Greenville too much. I heard a rumor that there could be undercover officers and dancers. If undercover dancers, then they are looking to arrest customers in my opinion unless that is to attempt to get inside information. If there are undercover dancers, then they are asking for too high prices. I'm not going to pay two for $40. What do they think the club is, platinum plus in Columbia where the girls act like they can charge new York city prices?
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    Hopefully this effort has the reverse effect by driving down lap dance prices in the entire area. Then prices would be a lot more reasonable. two for twenty is more reasonable. Dancers may become more desparate. I have no idea what that could result in. I already cut back my spending.
  • Ironcat
    9 years ago
    I drove by today (Sunday) at 1:00 PM and there were only two cars in the parking lot. Narcotics makes more sense - the prostitution rap is just to pander to the "moral police" and make them feel like they are putting a stop to immoral behavior.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    The only way LE can make an easy prostitution bust is if dancers are openly making verbal solicitations. Without that, LE has to start becoming complicit before they have anything. While legally this is okay, politically it might not be. Imagine a highly publicized trial where cops have to explain how far they went with a dancer before they pulled out the badge. But then, the problem is that in many situations the defendant will not have the money or the guts to go thru a jury trial, so they just plead guilty. LE knows to expect this. Jim and Artie Mitchell were able to win because they had balls, and because the SF newspapers stood with them and made fun of the cops. SJG Smithereens [view link]
  • magicrat
    9 years ago
    Ironcat...I thought they opened later on Sunday?
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    magicrat - you're correct. The club page say 5PM on Sundays.
  • Ironcat
    9 years ago
    I stand corrected.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    These Platinum Plus people must know how to do something's right? It is the most liked club in Lexington KY? People from Atlanta with so many clubs come to PP in Greenville. What is special about the PP's? SJG
  • magicrat
    9 years ago
    SJG...shadowcat came to PP Greenville to spend time with a fellow TUSCL brother (me). Just to let you know the power of shadowcat, 2 dancers offered us 2 for $20, prices I haven't gotten there in many years. Now we got what we paid for but still......
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion