tuscl

Utah brings back the firing squad

crazyjoe
Colorado
Tuesday, March 24, 2015 6:54 PM

13 comments

• wms1066
    9 years ago
    Sounds like an expedient solution to the problem of drug availability. However I don't think I would like to be on the fireing squad detail.
  • Corvus
    9 years ago
    Utah made a good choice, but I've always thought hanging would be better. They could reuse the rope. Think of the money they could save!
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Fuck you jackie......brilliant !!!
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    note to self - do not commit any crimes in Utah.
  • Cheo_D
    9 years ago
    Feh! Firing squads? Not deterrent enough. George Carlin called it: Crucifixion, man, that's gonna get them to pay attention. People will want it on PPV.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Honestly it might be both cheaper and more humane than lethal injection
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    JSD, Who gives a flip if it's "humane"? I say the less humane the better. Anyone that gets the death penalty is about as low a lowlife as one can be. And before some wuss starts talking about the "mistakes", I would bet everyone of them was far from, and very far from being "clean"!
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Sounds lime the firing squad detail is volunteer. They let police officers in the area the crime was committed have first dibs
  • londonguy
    9 years ago
    I wish we had the death penalty here.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    I have read that my own state senator here in Nebraska wanted the firing squad back. It's not a surprise to me given they don't have the execution drugs.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I kinda think it would be fitting for murders to be killed in the same manner that they killed their victims.
  • DoctorPhil
    9 years ago
    @londonguy “I wish we had the death penalty here.” i thought you did. don’t you call it “socialized medicine” or the NHS for short
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    I agree with you shadow. That would hopefully make a few criminals or would be criminals think harder before acting
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion