tuscl

Kanye West just gave a 30 minute lecture at Oxford

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Just some highlights to reiterate what a douche he really is:

"OK, everyone please be completely quiet, because I can literally hear a whisper, and it’ll throw off my stream of consciousness, and when I get my stream of consciousness going that’s when I give the best, illest quotes. Literally, a whisper can throw it off."

"My goal, if I was going to do art, fine art, would have been to become Picasso or greater."

"I think one of the most important things to my ability to create so much in the past 30 years is my desire to play sports. I approach creativity like a sport, where if I have a drawing I react just like a jock: LOOK AT THE FUCKING DRAWING RIGHT THERE YEAH!"

"What I said was The Matrix is like the Bible of the post-information age." Later: "Why do I say the Matrix is like the Bible? What is my definition of the Matrix?" The apparently rhetorical question went unanswered.
"It’s still February, right?"

"In America people really do wear $3,000 shirts. For real. Here and in Stockholm people will be like ‘oh dude, it’s a $3,000 shirt.' I’m assuming I’m probably wearing a $2,000 shirt but I got it for free from the designer so."

"It’s illegal to not wear clothes, and also possibly too cold. That means someone is imposing an idea on you that should legally have to do! Clothing should be like food. There should never be a $5,000 sweater. You know what should cost $5,000? A car should be $5,000. And you know who should work on the car? The people that work on the $500,000 cars."

16 comments

• mikeya02
    10 years ago
    A pie smashed in his face is what someone should have done. "Hey, look at me! I'm an idiot!", is his claim to fame.
  • 4got2wipe
    10 years ago
    I don't think it makes any sense at all but it sounds brilliant, so kudos to Kanye!
  • JamesSD
    10 years ago
    I think it's brilliant he keeps duping people I to buying his shit. He had one great album, one decent, and the latest stuff is lazy and terrible. He's a good producer and a mediocre rapper.

Golddigger was his high water mark and he's been coasting ever since. But there are plenty of geezer rock bands out there with the same business model.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    The world is going to give Iran nukes,and you're talking about Mr Kardashian! You stupid motherfucking canuck..
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    That explains it...He's a Kardashian..

Dice, so lets give Iran nukes via the USAF....
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    I hate when people who attain a high profile (sports stars, rock stars, etc) all of a sudden thinks their opinions on things they know nothing about have value. It's not like all of a sudden these people got educated or became intelligent.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    I think it's safe to say that the biggest Kanye West fan in the world is Kanye West.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Bombs away Mikey.
  • seaboardrr
    10 years ago
    The one thing kanye is good at doing is keeping his name in the headlines. In today's world you don't need any talent.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Ranukam,most intelligent statement you've ever opined.
  • GACA
    10 years ago
    Ok. So he's a little eccentric. His thoughts are not necessarily linear. But to deny his creative genius is a little immature. Everybody is gonna achieve success a little differently. I do admire his sheer will an unfaltering self confidence. So, ya I'm a fan. Kanye is dope and he does dope shit.
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    GACA - point taken but I think he contradicts himself way too much - his "marketing" is very creative.

Tumblingdice - I'm from the south and btw fuck off
  • Corvus
    10 years ago
    Major ditto on @rockstar666's comments.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Mikey, I'd rather see a brick covered in whipped cream smashed in his face.

James, if his wife was his high-water mark, it wasn't a very high water mark.

Rockstar and Ranukam +10

GACA, sorry, man, but I don't think Kanye's eccentric. I don't think he's the brightest bulb on the marquee.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    IDK what I find more incredulous - what Kanye has to say or the fact that Oxford is actually interested in what he has to say - SMH at this liberal crap.
  • GACA
    10 years ago
    The best art thrives in liberal countries. Think France and other European nations. To be liberal is to reach a higher plane of humanity.

But do not go too far that way because unfortunately the rest of humanity is still stuck in the stone ages.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion