tuscl

Super Bowl thread

Clackport
Washington
Monday, January 19, 2015 6:45 PM
The Superbowl matchup is set! The Seattle Seahawks vs the New England Patriots. I've said all year that there would be no question that the Seahawks would repeat, and it looks like I'm gonna be right. A lot of interesting storylines: •The best cornerback in the league debate (Revis vs Sherman), I think most people agree these are the two best corners in the league, we'll see who has the better game. •The Patriots unceremoniously fired Pete Carroll before Belichick got there, and now Carroll has a chance to get revenge •Brady has a chance to join two other quarterbacks who have won 4 Super Bowls (Montana, Bradshaw), and the Brady vs Montana debate will heat up if Brady wins •Seahawks have a chance to start the NFL's next dynasty. The Seahawks are a slight favorite, but they haven't got the respect they deserve, this is the best defense the NFL has seen since the 2000 Baltimore Ravens. Brady and company will be overwhelmed by the Seahawks defense. Also let's not forget the Seahawks have the number one ranked rushing offense in the league, they will run the ball down New England's throat. Prediction: Seahawks 31 Patriots 17 Thoughts on the game?

14 comments

• GACA
    9 years ago
    Patriots are gonna do what GB should have done and stick to the ground and pound. Seahawks don't have a heavy run stuffiness line. Wilson better clean up his act or he's going to have the same Luck. I think it will be interesting, but to me the Patriots are the better football team overall. Especially on offense and special teams.
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    New England will win
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Seahawks. Plus the refs
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    Seahawks take it.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Hey Ranukam, how come only a few guys are good cornerbacks? How many times have you seen a completed pass zip inches over the corners helmut or hand or shoulder? These guys can't turn their heads and run at the same time?
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    @GACA- Russell Wilson played the worst game of his career, and the Seahawks still won. He will be highly motivated to have a good showing. When you look at the Patriots offensively, it's gonna be tough for them. Gronk is obviously their main receiving target, but Kam Chancellor is arguably the best safety in the league, and he's a athletic freak, I think he'll neutralize Gronk. Obviously Sherman will shut down whoever New England decides to put on his side. I know Edelman has made some plays for them this year, but Seattle is not losing any sleep over him. I think they'll put Maxwell on Lafell. I still haven't even mentioned Earl Thomas or Bobby Wagner! It's gonna be rough for New England. New England's only chance is if they have a huge rushing game. As far as Seattle offensively I do think Revis will shutdown whoever he's defending, but I think Browner can be attacked, he's had a lot of penalties this year. Then you got Marshawn Lynch, I would hate to be the one to try to tackle him, and let's not forget Russell Wilson rushed for nearly 1,000 yards this year as a quarterback, when the plays break down he can just take off and run. The NFL is a matchup league, and Seattle has the advantage in most of the matchups vs New England.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    @mikeya- cornerback is so hard to play nowadays especially with all the rules benefitting the offense, and the NFL is a passing league, that's why they pay big money for the top corners.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Unfortunately, I think the Pats will win.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    Depends on if the Patsies have the "balls"!
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Pete Carroll cheated at USC and ran away to the NFL before the hammer came down. Bill Belichick chested with SpyGate and now with DeflateGate. Makes it difficult to root for either team.
  • grand1511
    9 years ago
    Patriots have deflated balls
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    Gronkowski says his spike in the end zone might have taken a few psi out of the ball.
  • SlickSpic
    9 years ago
    Janet Jackson shows us her other nipple while Iggy and Nikki shake that ass.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Hard to say who will win (great insight on my part I know :)). Both teams have very good defenses and both teams often impose their will – that’s why it’s hard to see IMO who will come out on top. Seattle has looked vulnerable at times this year but so had NE – both teams will try to take away what the other team does best and both may succeed. I think the “wildcard” may be Russell Wilson b/c he can beat you with his arm and his legs – even if he does not have a good passing game; he can still do a lot of damage with his legs. Seattle does not really depend on “one guy” offensively that if you take that guy out of the equation then they are done – they kinda do it by committee. I’m kinda rooting for Seattle b/c I really don’t like the Patsies and Brady for w/e reason comes across to me as a conceded prick.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion