tuscl

When did lap dancing become common?

large
Florida
Saturday, February 5, 2005 1:21 PM
I had been to a few clubs in the seventies and eighties and saw some table dancing (basically an air dance) but never saw a lap dance until I went to a club in Tampa in the early 90s. Had I just been going to the wrong clubs before that or is it only in the last 15 years or so that lap dancing became common?

8 comments

• SuperDude
    19 years ago
    In Detroit it got started in the '70's, got hit by LE and resurfaced in the '80's. Now going great guns. Price went from $5.00 to $25.00.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    My first exposure to laps was also in south Florida, Key West to be exact, about 10 years ago. And they were fully nude in private unsupervised rooms (which may be why that club no longer exists.) But what was interesting is that I tried 2 different girls, one was from Michigan and the other was from California, and both had apparently done pretty much the same thing in their home states.
  • tom_pb
    19 years ago
    I came from the northeast to Soth Florida in 1988 and had my first lap dance. It seems they were going on in Sothh Florida for a while because the girls were very experienced in 1988. Great question because I am pretty old and was born and brought up in NYC and never heard od a LD until 1988.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Late 70s, early 80s, guys, I didn't know laps have been around that long. Where did they start, Tampa?
  • StripShopper
    19 years ago
    1984 - Danny's, Memphis TN....Still called a table dance but it was much more than that....all $7 a pop. Opps I just aged myself...
  • Shekitout
    19 years ago
    I remember going to Tampa in late 70's or early 80's and getting lap dances at 2001. Mons Venus was right across the street but didn't know a thing about it at that time-had only heard of 2001. It was a totally different world from the strip clubs in my home state at that time! You sure as hell weren't in Kansas anymore!!
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    The first time I encountered laps was in Key West about 10 years ago. I'd been to Mons Venus and Odyssey in Tampa many years before that but as I recall at that time they just had air dances.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    My first lap dance was at a club in Providence RI in 1997. I hadn't been in the club before but other Providence clubs had previously only offered table dances during the 80's. I don't know when things started to change but I'm glad they did! Unfortunately, I live in no-contact Massachusetts but some rule bending has become common in Mass clubs over the last few years.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion