tuscl

OT: Consumer Sentiment in U.S. Surges to 11-Year High

Saturday, January 17, 2015 2:09 AM
"The University of Michigan preliminary consumer sentiment index for January rose to an 11-year high of 98.2, exceeding the median forecast of economists surveyed by Bloomberg, from a final reading of 93.6 the prior month, according to a report Friday." [view link] Big blowout in the confidence number yesterday. I bet those consumers won't be so confident of read Stevie-girl or The Economist's take back in October. If so they would surely realize the ABSOLUTE DOOM we face just ahead of us. Because Stevie-girl said so.

5 comments

• deogol
    9 years ago
    People thought challenger was good to go too, but engineers were sounding the warning bell.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    People have just got to learn to listen to Libertarians and Ayn Rand. And re-adopt the gold standard. And abolish ObamaCare and minimum wages. Only then maybe we will started along the right path to avoid the impending DOOM.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    Looks like a good buying opportunity since so many already sold the last couple of weeks. Buy, buy, buy before the market set new highs again. low inflation, low gas prices, low stock prices, rising employment, good time to buy. I already bought some a couple days ago.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    I think the economy is set, but the market, at least short term, is in a trickier spot. No doubts about the market medium to long term. All will be clear with the market short term come next weekend.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Absolutely DOOMED. Because Stevie-girl said so.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion