tuscl

Wild goose was not a topless bar...i was a dancer/stripper there

Monday, January 12, 2015 4:27 PM
it says that the wild goose was a topless bar. it was not. it was a totally nude bar. i was one of the dancers there in the early 70's. i had been a secretary at lockheed ...in burbank. making 150 a week. at the wild goose i made $75.00 an hour. more than docs and lawyers made back then. i was a unshaved hippy. men would ask me what a girl like me was doing in a place like that. my response 'follow me to the bank'.

17 comments

• gawker
    9 years ago
    Where was the Wild Goose? I remember a restaurant named Wild Goose just north of Providence.
  • jerikson40
    9 years ago
    In Los Angeles, right near the airport. Closed a while back. IMO it was pretty sucky, but a lot of people liked it as a place to chill.
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    Maybe when you danced back in the 70's it was nude, but it became a topless joint and it was topless when it closed in the early 2000's.
  • Jalowa
    9 years ago
    the owner paid taxi drivers to bring people there. i danced there for years...until my husband and i decided to have children. which is why i quit. back then stripping was illegal on some level. so most of us dancers paid an attorney 50 bucks...so we could carry an injunction with us there...so we would not get busted. there were 3 stages...3 dancers at all times. one woman did a bathtub routine...with a big huge snake. i am now 66 years old. and i actually met the man who lived next door to me when i was very young...in the wild goose. which was way weird. my step father even brought a date in to watch me dance. which was even weirder. and my ex husband...who was a LA county sheriff...would come in...in uniform...with his cop buddies. which always scared the s**t out of us...until i recognized him. more weirdness. :-)
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    9 years ago
    Jalowa, Great stories! I used to live in L.A., and went to the goose just a couple of times. I live in Seattle, now. The San Fernando Valley was my main area for clubbing back then. What in the world made you decide to join TUSCL now?
  • Jalowa
    9 years ago
    Club Goer...i graduated from Van Nuys high...in 66. and now i live in Alaska. and when i was 60-63 i was a peace corps volunteer serving in Ghana West Africa. since i'm honest...and i was a gorilla pot farmer in hawaii...and all the other pcv's knew it...one of them asked me what a girl like was doing in the peace corps. my response...what do you think...criminals don't want to make a difference?'. i own...lease...land in Ghana...right on the ocean...where intend to build both a school and teacher internship program that does not use corporal punishment. you can find all that on facebook at Janubu Earth Fire & Fiber. i am now an artist. always was...but now i do it for a living. i was in the movie the stewardesses...with my millionaire ex husband. double initiation...and a few other movies. when movies went hard core...that is when i went on to being a stripper. and i was a real good dancer. especially for a white chick.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    9 years ago
    Jalowa, We have some things in common. Look for a private message (PM) from me tomorrow.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Wow Jalowa, pretty interesting life. Are you in this clip.....? [view link]
  • penname
    9 years ago
    I went to college in LA in the mid to late 70's and the Wild Goose is the first strip club I can remember going to. As I starving college student I especially appreciated the cheap food and drinks they sold on amateur nights. It wasn't uncommon for one of the first time amateur strippers run off stage in embarrassment. But for professional stripper action we went to the Jet Strip.
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    I been to The Goose a few times...tame bikini dances, decent looking older dancers, tons of booze and sports on big screens. Place was a dive but beloved by many.
  • Jalowa
    9 years ago
    Club Goer...a facebook pm message? mikeya02...yes. in the beginning i am behind the girl serving drinks. in the next scene...that is me ...talking to my ex husband. 2 other friends were in that moving. i used my real name...my ex used his real name...1 friend...tony...used a fake name...and another stewardess...kathy (not her name in the movie) used her real name. and then blamed that on why her ph.d was not granted the first time she tried to get it. which is pure bs. both kathy and toni are in the next scene...when you can hear the pilot and the stewardess...who was added after the picture was made. she was not in it when we first made it. tony has short hair...she is a tai chi master...kathy has long brown hair. she has a ph.d in french and is an acupuncturist. when the latest folks who bought the moving...did a 'premier' of sorts down in LA...they contacted me...as they had spelled my last name wrong...so i corrected them. they wanted me to fly down for the premiere. not paying me. from alaska. not an option. we all signed releases and made no money for that movie except for what we were paid for making it. the girl they added later...did not do that so she got royalties. we were young and dumb. but smart in that we made more than most. when i was a stripper i had show horses....show dogs...etc. and i completely supported my household. that was prior to my ex becoming a millionaire. which he shared not a dime with me. no child support no alimony. but the rick can get away with that.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I worked at LAX from 1967-1987 and during that time made many visits to the Goose for their very good lunch buffet.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Nice story
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    9 years ago
    Jalowa, Not Facebook. TUSCL has it's own private messaging system. Look at the title bar at the top of the screen. You'll see the word "MESSAGES" to the right of the title block. If you have any incoming message, you'll see a twirling envelope as the symbol that you have one or more items in your inbox.
  • Jalowa
    9 years ago
    Club goer...you asked why i joined TUSCL. i didn't...kinda...know i was 'joining' anything. a girlfriend of mine...who i knew back in the stripping days...asked me via facebook if i worked at the proud bird....by the international airport. i did not. had to dig deep into the 66 year old brain memory cells...to recall the name of the place i did work by the int. airport. before working at the goose...i had an agent...and worked at clubs all over los angeles...orange county and the san fernando valley. i liked the goose...so i opted to give up the agent...and work at one place. plus i lived in culver city at the time...so it was close. i worked there for 3 years. once i remembered the name...which was hard...because my mother had a farm in northern california called 'crazy goose ranch'. so...i wasn't sure if i had the gooses mixed up. so i googled searched strip joints by lax. and there it was. since it said it was a topless place...and i knew it when it was a full on strip joint...i opted to speak what i knew. my younger sister was also a stripper. she was way more 'rouchy' than i opted to be. i did not want to show men what i'd had for breakfast. i did not lay on a rug and do that stuff. i actually put my hands between my legs...when i kicked my leg up high. i was a very good dancer. i was there to seduce...and make a lot of money doing it. not to degrade myself in the process. i had a husband at home. the guy in the stewardesses. i had horses...show dogs. i had a life outside of stripping. i dated no one while doing that. i went home right after i got off...to my husband. etc. my sister...sadly...was strangled outside her strip club in walnut creek california. the goose had a bouncer walk us to our cars at night. her club apparently did not. she was strangled so bad her eyes popped out of her head...her teeth turned blue. but a car drove into the parking lot...so the guy strangling her ran off. she spent 6 months in a mental hospital cause of it. and she knew she could identify him. so she changed her identity and went under ground. living in total fear. 7 years later...the detective on her case...sent her a photo of a man they had caught 6 months after he strangled her...to see if it was the same guy. he was called the 'campus murderer. he had been a serial rapist. but california let him out and allowed him to go to college. he killed a half a dozen girls. strangled them to death...then raped their dead bodies. and yes...it was the same guy. debbie was the only girl that was not killed by him. as i saw it...most of the men i danced for...had wives that would not turn on the light. that's weren't 'nasty'. that did not experiment...etc. so i saw myself as providing a service. perhaps even preventing abuse of other women..by satisfying men visually. giving them something to visualize...later that night. etc.
  • Jalowa
    9 years ago
    Club Goer...i replied to you message...sent it...while it was sending ...went to another site...and when i returned to it...it came up saying that the website could not be accessed. so i don't know if it was sent or not. just find me on facebook. Janet Wass...and send me a message there...if it did not send. as it was long...and i have no intention of attempting to recreate and resend it again. sorry.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    9 years ago
    Jalowa, I'm not on Facebook. I'll send you another PM with my email address. You're welcome to use that. A short reply will be sufficient.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion