tuscl

OT: 2015 We are So Fucked!

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 4:30 AM
Look we are not doing things at all in the way Libertarians and Ayn Randroids say we should. First we got rid of the gold standard way back under Nixon. Then we allowed central banks to do QE. Next we implemented ObamaCare. Finally the minimum wage is rising in 21 states. Our world DESERVES severe economic RETRIBUTION for not doing things in the one true way. 2015 is showing all indications that it will be the year everything deservedly falls apart and this JUSTICE comes.

11 comments

• rockstar666
    10 years ago
    I think you lost me...2015 will have the strongest economy (in the US) since the recession according to all the indicators. Time will tell but I'm very optimistic.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Optimistic? Very optimistic? You dare to question Stevie-girl, The Economist, Ayn Rand, Libertarians, and the vast majority of TUSCLers with their party lines???
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    I think people fail to separate politics from policy all too often. The ones that hate Obama immediately think all his policies are bad when in fact they're not. The economy is much better than some people would like to believe, and even the deficit has been shrinking. Most people don't even know that.
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    Deficit is shrinking, all time highs on Dow-jones & S&P, manufacturing is increasing, more people have health insurance than ever before, unemployment is down, the dollar is outpacing all foreign currencies, etc. the country sure needs a change. Obama's sure fucked everything up. Maybe it is time to go back to the income tax policy of the last great Republican President, Ike, and charge usurious rates for the top 5%.
  • Mate27
    10 years ago
    Is Stevie-girl relevant any more? Seems like slaux.pas ran her off awhile ago. Haven't seen anything lately of the doomsday prognosticator.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    A little known fact about Ayn Rand: She appeared in Playboy in 1964. She was not the centerfold.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Technology solves problems, not governments. That might be the boom Dougster is hoping for.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    ^^^ excellent. Yes technology is the primary driver and bread and circuses like whether it is Democrats or Republicans in power makes almost no difference. The real powers that be were careful to ensure that long, long ago,
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Doug, it's starting to sound like you're playing too much Illuminati.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I normally don't believe in conspiracy theories, unless there is serious money at stake, then I think things are not allowed to happen by accident. FDR said that in politics nothing ever happens by accident. If it happened it was planned that way.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    The problem is that it is too much on an AynRandian world. We have Obama Care and we have some min wage increases, but this is all far too little. So many people are still working for unlivable wages. This completely undermines any predictions of a rosy economic future. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion