tuscl

Review Relevance

IHearVoices
954 (South Florida)
Saturday, December 27, 2014 10:19 AM
From a review posted recently "This place is freakin scary. I went sometime over the summer on a Sat night and I was the only white guy in the joint. I don't know if it's under the same mgmt but back then I was felt like I was at the shooting for a gangster rap music video, not a BBW under 220 that night. Speaking of shooting, that would not surprise me either. Nobody messed with me as I stayed very low key while I finished my 1 beer back in a dark corner then casually made my way to the door. Won't be going back." Let's forget the tone of the review for a second and focus on the "sometime over the summer" part. It's the end of December. This visit could've been six months ago, and we all know how much turnover a club can go through in that amount of time. I was about to flag it, but wasn't sure if that's a solid enough reason as I don't have the stripes...as such, I'm publicly asking what the policy is and/or whether I should (have). Thanks.

7 comments

• crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    He felt threatned and yet he bought a beer he had to casually finish in a dark corner
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Yeah, nothing happened to him besides being the only white guy in the joint. He projected his fears onto the other customers in the club. Papi goes to black clubs all the time and he never has a problem.
  • Dolfan
    10 years ago
    There was a similar thread a while back ([view link]) - if it were me, I'd flag it and make a note about what you think is wrong with it. I don't think there is a "policy" as there isn't really any of those around here. However, common sense/courtesy kinda dictates reviews be done in a timely fashion. Allowing some time to pass to reduce the likelihood of your TUSCL handle being associated with your review is reasonable, but writing a review about something older than 90 days or so IMO is counter-productive. Along those lines, I think the Prop/Flag system is a little limited. I think it would be more useful if we were able to rate reviews on a usefulness scale and/or make comments without a rating, then filter when viewing them based on some sort of criteria involving both usefulness and currency; for example: a view that showed reviews from the past 6 months with a usefulness rating in the top 50%.
  • GACA
    10 years ago
    Let's be real for a second. there are plenty of people who would like to know what kind of clientele are in the club. I think you can't just say they were black people there, because what kind of black people are we talking about, are they ghetto black people, middle income black people... I think it was a fair assessment. It accurately describes how he was feeling, most of us can agree he's a pussy, but there are others out there like him who might not be comfortable with walking into a mostly poor black club - - I think it's fair for him to be able to describe how he percived the club. I think most of us can see past the obvious.
  • jestrite50
    10 years ago
    When I read a review like this if I have interest in the club I PM the author and have him give me more details as to just WTF he's talking about. 90% will respond with clarification. The ones who don't respond either don't check their mail or are shills.
  • sflguy123
    10 years ago
    I was in the same situation at The Mint in Miami. During the daytime I don't have any problem going to the black clubs in Miami(they're not especially crowded then). But I went to The Mint at night, I've been there prior during the daytime, and it was packed and all black(and obviously they weren't wearing 3 piece suits). I would have left right away if it wasn't for the $10 I paid to park. Stupid I guess. Luckily a stripper came up to me within 1-2 min of my being there who was my type. I still see her. It would be no different then a black guy walking into a packed redneck bar.
  • IHearVoices
    10 years ago
    Somehow the thread got off track. Just to clarify, I'm not talking about the race aspect. I'm talking about the "sometime over the summer" reference in terms of the time elapsed between the trip and the review.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion