tuscl

What customer does she choose?

I visted a club today and where I got to see this dancer I haven't seen in almost a year. This club is more of a predominatly white club although they have a mixture of different races of customers. They had 2black girls working there today but only one of them was dancing the other one was waitressing. My favorite dancer whom I hadn't seen in a while is white. We have always been cool with each other in the past. I have even discussed my past relationship with her and she has given me some advice on the matter. Well when it was her time to dance I went up stage side to tip her. While she was onstage I asked her "Are you going to come sit with me?" She said yes. Well after she got off stage she didn't come to my table and talk with me instead she sat at a table with this white guy whom was sitting next to me at the stage. I know for a fact that this guy didn't not mutter a word to her of ask for a dance while she was onstage dancing but yet she decides to sit with him. The guy did eventually get a few dances from her but I knew it was after she sat down with him that he decided to get one. Maybe this guy was a regular I don't know but she knows that I am a regualar also and I do get dances from her so it is not like I was wasting her time by asking her to sit with me. Meanwhile while she was giving dances to this guy there was a attractive blackwaitress whom was trying to get me to get a dance from her. I was tempted to get one from her but even though she was nice looking, nice looking doesn't always equate to a good lapdance. So I ended up telling the blackgirl no and waite on Blake to get threw with her dances. Later on when she got back on stage I asked her for a dance and when she was threw with her set she came and sat down at my table. I got a dance from her but was wondering whether I should have given my money to the black girl. I knew that Blake would give a good dance(which she did) but I didn't like the fact of being put 2nd especially after I asked her first to come sit with me. My question to you all is if a dancer is white and she has 2regulars one who is white and one who is black which one does she choose to come to first? Both of them spend money on her and are courteous. Does race play a part in this situation? Maybe Blake isn't as cool as I thought she was at first? I do know that next time I vist and if that blackwaitress is still working there I will get a dance from her and not Blake or any of the other white dancers there. It my sound like I am making a prejudice statement but I treat people the way they treat me. If the Blackgirl is nice looking and courteous then that is who I am going to get a dance from now on. I am not trying to be hateful, I like women of all races but I am not going to keep showing interest in somone when they know that I am a nice person but yet chooses to go with someone else simply because they are the same skin color.

6 comments

• Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Hi Jpac,

The racism or racist reasoning I witness is often chilling and perhaps it just reflects the unusual people I know.

If a person doesn't have power over me, then their racism or hate will register almost zero. For example, this super hot dancer was not a very nice person. She might of just hated whites, but I think it was a lot deeper than that. It made no difference to me (I even bought a good number of dances from her) as long as I didn't see a real threat. Let's pretend she was a police officer. Wow, I'm suddenly very concerned about her hatreds because I see a very real threat (in this society). Let's pretend we live in a society where I have an absolute right to defend myself. Now, I'm not so concerned about her hatreds even if she's a police officer.

It is antagonizing when a black person starts making all manner of "reasonable" assumptions and conclusions (whites do the same nonsense, btw, and usually it is pointless to try and reason with them).

I remember this white police officer showing me a picture of a man he was looking for. The officer was already aware that I had given the man help. After I identified the man he says to me do you know what color he is? I smile and say in my eyes he is black. This startled the officer. He says it is against the rules for you to help a black male (helping a black female might be acceptable). I relate the story the man had told me. To my revulsion and disgust the officer confirmed the story was true. I tell him, NO *you* are the one violating the rules. And, I consider it an act of war. Well, blah, blah, blah. The good news is I didn't get arrested or harassed further over the incident.

• Dain
    20 years ago
    Jpac, I think that race is not a factor in 99.9% of the cases these days. The great integrator is sex--or, in stripclubs, quasi-sex. Moreover, there's nothing like a mutually beneficial exchange--capitalism between consenting adults--to put race in its (minor) place. I suspect that the girls just calculated a better return on her investment of time with the other dude than with you.
  • SuperDude
    20 years ago
    Jpac. It's hard to face rejection. It's even harder when there is the possibility of racism in the rejection. Many whites do not understand that disrespect and bad manners will be perceived as racist, even when race played no part in the conduct. A dancer who puts you on "hold" while trying to get money from another customer may be taking advantage of an opportunity, talking to an old boyfriend or keeping an appointment. IF you asked her about it (and probably shouldn't) she would deny racism had anything to do with the choices she made and could not understand why you would feel that way. They don't know what it's like to see this society, and all of its elements, from a Black perspective. And Blacks don't really understand that many whites are saying that we are trying to get past this, even if it the road is slow and bumpy. A dancer is focused on the color green and not much else. Are some dancers racist--of course. Dump 'em and move on. And don't become a RIL, regardless of race.
  • Jpac73
    20 years ago
    TopGunGlenn the blackgirl had left before I got a dance from Blake. Yeah if she saw me getting a dance from Blake she probably would have thought "oh he likes white girls". Maybe she did think I was going to be there for a while I don't know but she still didn't have a very pleasant attitude. She didnot say anything out of the way but she wasn't her usual self and didn't greet me like someone you hadn't seen in a year but more like someone you saw last week.
  • TopGunGlen
    20 years ago
    I agree that she should have sat down with you first, but don't take it too personally. Have you wondered if the black girl took it personally that you picked the white girl, Blake, first over her? If Blake does that sort of thing habitually, then you know. If not, it was just one of those things...
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    I've heard this before, your situation may have nothing to do with skin color at all. It may be that the dancer knows you will be waiting on her so she is taking you for granted. She may not know how long the other guy will be around. I guess you'll show her though.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion