Top 3 Intellectuals on Tuscl.net

In order

1. Dougster

2. Papi Chulo

3. Ricky BOY

27 comments

• zipman68
    10 years ago
    Are we talking RickyBoyDugan or rickdugan?

I could buy the former. He's quite reflective. Some of his comments are even poignant.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    If BagBoy James had a home and a stable learning environment, he could develop his intellect. He shows much promise.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I'm not sure where to put SJG on the list, he has some very good ideas, and some, well, not so good. :-)
  • zipman68
    10 years ago

^^^
    slaux.pas should be on the list. That dude is so smart that everybody else seems like a retard in comparison. Just ask the dude!
  • jester2I4
    10 years ago
    Fuckin' fuck you, Duke!

My BFF steve229 should obviously be on the list. She is so smart. Especially for a 16 y/o girl. She spends 1 to 2 minutes a day reading headlines in the financial media so she knows exactly where the economy is heading - i.e. for DOOM. She can also quote song lyrics most people don't even know existed. Is never more than a minute off keeping up with the latest celebrity gossip either.

jerikson40 is another close call. But I fuckin' hate 'em because he is too much like me.

Fuckin' fuck everything!
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    The real or “true” intellectual is therefore always an outsider, living in self-imposed exile, and on the margins of society. He or she speaks to, as well as for, a public, necessarily in public, and is properly on the side of the dispossessed, the un-represented and the forgotten.
    — Edward Saïd
  • Duke69
    10 years ago
    Clubber just said juicebox #1 mane
  • Duke69
    10 years ago
    Also these answers are cracking me up
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Well Said is one of the last people I ever expected to see Clubber quote. Just what came at the top of a Google search and no idea who he is?
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    zip posted: "Are we talking RickyBoyDugan or rickdugan?"

Must be talking about RickyBoyDugan. I'm not special enough to make it on any list around here. ;)
  • Josh43
    10 years ago
    Being voted most intellectual on TUSCL is a lot like being voted prettiest girl at Caltech.

Admittedly, I haven't been here very long, but my vote would be

#3 Dougsteer
    #2 Mikeya
    #1 Clubber

I was going to vote for Rick Dugan, but I picture him looking in the mirror every 1/2 hour. That disqualifies him.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Thinking about it some more SJG, love him or hate him, is the only one on this board I think it is safe to say is an intellectual. Certainly we have some (okay maybe four) very smart people on this board but they are mostly concerned more with pragmatic matters so I won't consider them intellectuals.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Thinking of an intellectual as a guy who goes to cocktail parties and quotes Sartre, and writes papers and a doctoral thesis on criticism of 18th century Scottish Literature (lit-ra-cha!)
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Jerkoffson40 would be another intellectual.
  • GACA
    10 years ago
    I sorta fancy myself an intellectual :)
  • Pizza (hiatus)
    6 years ago
    I genuinely believe the average TUSCLer is a pretty intelligent person. That said, I’m not sure if I would consider any poster an intellectual based off of their posts. To me, an intellectual is a very abstract thinker. Their thoughts lean more to the theoretical than the pragmatic. Based off that criteria I think san_jose_guy may count. He is certainly well read!
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    San Jose Guy is the biggest intellectual on here.
  • two_bits
    6 years ago
    This thread is hilarious. Someone actually named Clubber as an intellectual - that's good trolling there, lol. (or maybe his cognitive skills have really declined with age, like flagooner's)

Current list:

1. two_bits (duh)

2. PhatBoy99 - behind the wannabe OG pimp persona he puts on here, I sense a very sensitive, introspective soul.

3. Echo Pizza - the young upstart.
  • two_bits
    6 years ago
    Can't neglect the ladies of TUSCL:

1. Nicole1994 - got accepted into Ivy League, can any of you say that?

2. Trish-Club_Lust - behind the tough, "been there, done that" stripper persona, I sense one smart cookie.

3. Nicespice - the young upstart.

99. Nina
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    The political debaters are going to get jealous that they aren't at the top of the list.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    I remember this funny 'ol thread. TUSCL classic.

Don't feel bad @Fagooner. If we take a vote on the top three highly-functioning geriatric men, I'm sure your name would be included.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ It better be damn it.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I’d include SirLDAlot in the top few intellectuals as well. His research and insights provided a pretty accurate diagnosis of SJG.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    I would put Waffle on the list. She has an undergraduate degree, which most dancers here cannot say. Tempest666 doesn't post much here anymore, but I know she's smart too.

Too many men and different personalities to choose just a couple. I'd have to think about that.

I am omitting myself from my list. Self-praise is no praise. Haha. ;)
  • wiffle shwaffle
    6 years ago
    ^^ thanks, Nina! I have two degrees and almost went to grad school, but some stuff happened in my family and I decided to defer grad school to focus on a corporate entry level job in Info Tech. I have half of the required classes for a third degree, but am considering emt and sign language now because I'd rather help people and not their computers. However, I'm currently self studying (albeit slowly) for a personal training cert.

Nina's pretty intelligent as well.

Although I may not personally agree with him sometimes, I highly respect Papi's comments and opinions. He uses a lot of common sense in threads, but also doesn't try to demean others.
  • two_bits
    6 years ago
    "Nina's pretty intelligent as well."

Sociopaths often are.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Waffle - np. :)

You stay busy! Lol.

I understand wanting to defer. I did an official one year deferral for law school to focus on my business ventures. I'm even getting a real estate license next month lol. Just to get my feet wet, have more on my résumé, have a side hustle, and then streamline my license to CA where I have family and it's more lucrative. It's also more competitive, so it would be cool if I happened to snag a rich real estate developer boyfriend out there to help me get good listings. Lmao.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion