Wednesday, March 16, 2005 9:50 PM
The Alley Cat Pony something ????????????? Playpen South Stir Crazy Angels

30 comments

• Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    Have you read the latest review?
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    Hi Clubber, I usually avoid the north side of the building. I can't remember being asked to move or needing to have someone else's vehicle moved. When double parking I try and guess where the employees are parking. When parking first I usually don't pull all the way up to the bumper. Doing so only encourages people to block you in. I've parked 3 or 4 feet off the bumper. Sure someone could still double park, but more likely they'll look for easier prey. Also, most of my buddies love this club and haven't had any parking troubles. Finally, it seems like during an average visit there is only one call to move a car or more normally zero calls to move a car. I guess we go at different times or have different perceptions of the same situation. I remember one buddy who was all hyper because a particular club had some rough customers and an occasional shooting. I was like you have to be kidding! The poor guy has a permit to carry a concealed weapon and is very afraid. (I've only very rarely carried a gun and sure as hell didn't have a permit.) It is difficult for me to relate to his fear. The people he is afraid of seem for the post part like warm and fuzzy characters. I wondered if he would be able to recognize true danger given he is so sensitive.
  • Clubber
    19 years ago
    Kyle, I almost always park on the north side of the club. I too, tell the doorman if I double park. I've had to move, and had others move, quite often.
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    Hi Clubber, Do you park facing 7th Avenue? Usually that is empty because customers don't like backing out into 7th Avenue. I live within spitting distance and I haven't had any problems parking on 99% of my visits. Of course, occasionally I will double park behind those who I believe are employees, but I don't consider that a real problem. I'll usually let the doorman know so he doesn't have to hunt me down on the slim chance I'll need to move my car (never have been asked to move). Club Cheetah at Golden Glades interchange is a relaxing club, but I think admission is $10 after 8 PM. Also, it was/is a black club.
  • Clubber
    19 years ago
    Only parking is a problem at the Trap.
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    Hi Clubber, The Trap is an execellent place to meet, for me. It is cheap (never a cover charge and 241 beer before 8PM) if you don't buy dances and the music is not at maximum blast.
  • Clubber
    19 years ago
    S*** happens. The two for ones expired (6PM), not disappeared. I'd still like to meet up sometime and compare notes. It would have to be Tues. or Wed. It could be north, but the Trap would be about my north limit.
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    Hi Clubber, I read your Wednesday review on Pony Tails. It is too bad the two new dancers weren't as sweet as they seemed and the 241 beer special disappeared.
  • Clubber
    19 years ago
    Checked again Wed. and found nothing. I guess someone else needs to check or re-check. Cheap, as in, no cost parking, no cover, and two for one beers till 6PM. For me, that works out to $2 a beer. And most of the dancers, I wouldn't pay to dance, so zero cost there.
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    Hi Clubber, I saw your review of Pony Tails. CHEAP??? Yikes, you must be wealthy, but almost everyone is compared to me. Also, I see you rating jumped from 1 to 6. I thought I might be going overboard rating it a 7. Did they push the VIP room $60 for a half hour or $100 for an a hour, but with a bottle? Either the "lost" club was doing that or this one.
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    Hi Clubber, It should be easy to find. It wasn't hidden or anything. I can't even blame the heat or drugs or alcohol.
  • Clubber
    19 years ago
    Checked Tuesday all the way between Tails and Playpen east of US1. I saw nothing in the way of a club. A couple of places, Four Roses (bar) and Keg South (bar/dinning). Nothing more.
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    Hi clubber, I think it was to the north of the XXX book store? (I thought it was advertising movies.) Anyway, I had lost my bearings a little bit. Once I made that U-turn at the sign showing Card Sound Rd. I lost some confidence in exactly where I was going and was afraid of getting lost. Things look so different than I remember them a few years back and night time driving is no fun for me. Also, I think there is another adult establishment north of the XXX bookstore on the same side of the street--a massage place? I think it is north of that as well although that seems to close to Playpen South.
  • Clubber
    19 years ago
    I know there is an XXX book store on the west of US1 about 1/2 way between Tails and Playpen. Was the club near that location?
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    Hi Clubber, I would definitely like to learn its name. I had promised myself I would remember and it is very frustrating not being able to fix it firmly.
  • Clubber
    19 years ago
    I'm going to check between Tails and Playpen. See if I've been missing something!
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    Speaking of lost clubs: Saturday morning I found a man and his wife who were almost impossible to find because his name is Rodriguez and the only address was that of a vacant lot. He was losing some of his properties to tax sales. First, they claimed not to own the properties saying the bank took them. I explained that the bank did not take them. The bank filed a satisfaction of mortgage! He says yes that is what they did! I said YES because you paid the balance of the mortgage. He says I want to protect my good name so I paid and let the bank have the property. He says he has no further obligations because no one contacted him. (His only address for the properties was a vacant lot.) His home was very nice and he appeared to be very successful. He also owns some large commercial building, but he wants to keep that because they keep sending him large checks. I wish I'd brought a sales contract with me. Always a day late and a dollar short. :) He says he might sell to me, but the main thing is to protect his good name. He is upset the government says he owes taxes. They never contacted him and he thought the bank took the property because after he paid he was never contacted by ANYONE and he'd forgotten all about the properties. His wife was eager to pay the taxes. She asked in very poor English how much to pay? I say about $10,000. Her husband says that is nothing. They ruin my good name for so little? His wife nods in agreement. Actually his good name is not ruined at all because his name is so common it is like looking for a needle in a hay stack . . .
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    I also remember a small XXX cinema right after Pony Tails on the west of US 1. Further NE was an adult store.
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    Hi Clubber, I was reading your reviews about Pony Tails. You have much higher standards than me. :) My only complaint was the prices. I'm looking at the dancers and thinking $15? These dancers are $5 dancers max. Actually, a fair price would be $2.5. Other than that it seemed like a club I would like to hang out at. Deja vu is common for me. I'm still thinking of the lost club in my area. I had gotten lost and found this fantastic club. I mean FANTASTIC. Cheap prices, beautiful interior with a cozy layout, treated like royalty by everyone, the dancers all seemed to 9s or 10s, etc. I went to that club a few times. Always left broke. :) Anyway I lost the club and it was fairly close by. When I say lost I mean I would seem to recognize the landmarks or general area, but it was gone. At one time I remember the dancers so clearly as well as the service. I remembered the management. At the time names of clubs weren't important. I was always sure I could relocate a club just by driving. Anyway, this already seems like a lost club, but there was nothing special about it--$15 table and $25 lap on west side of US 1 right after Pony Tails. The only thing that sticks out is that I was looking for an advertisement with the club name and address. I was even thinking of writing the information down. I did have a pen and paper, but I was eager to get to the next club.
  • Clubber
    19 years ago
    Kyle, I can not think of a club anywhere between Pony Tails (south most) and the next one north, Playpen South. Then comes Goldfingers in Cutler Ridge.
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    I see my mistake. I took the "detour" sign concerning Card Sound Rd. as meaning that I was very close to Card Sound Rd. and the Keys. Apparently, I didn't go as far south as I thought I had. I did think the club, Pony Tails, was the last club before the Keys *after* seeing the sign concerning Card Sound Rd.
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    BETWEEN Pony Tails which is on the west side of US 1 and and Playpen South which is on the east side of US 1 there should be another club on the east side of US 1. That is the one I'm having trouble remembering. Fortunately, I took an advertisement from Pony Tails or I wouldn't remember that one either. At the club I can't remember the name of I was looking all over for an advertisement so I could have the name, address, and telephone number handy. I was even thinking of asking the bartender, but that hasn't worked in the past.
  • Clubber
    19 years ago
    I'm a little confused by your club descriptions. I know of no club near Card Sound road. The most south on the mainland, as far as I know, is Pony Tails. It is north of Homestead on US1. Just north of that, near Cutler Ridge, is Playpen South. Goldfingers is in Cutler Ridge.
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    Hi Clubber, I don't know the south too well. What happened was I was driving and driving and then I saw a sign to detour to Card Sound Rd. which told me I had driven too far. Thus, I made a U-turn and on my way back heading north now the first club I hit was Pony Tails. I was quoted $15 for table and $25 for lap. Too expensive for me. Does that clarify any?
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    Hi clubber, I didn't know exactly what my schedule was going to be. I figured hit The Alley Cat, I believe it opens at 4 PM, and then at about 5:30 start for the lawyer's office. It worked out perfect. With the heavy traffic I made it to the lawyer's office 10 minutes early. Of course, he was late. :) After the meeting, who knows how long that could take?, I planned on treating my friend and his family to this Nicaraguan restaurant which serves mouth watering steaks and plantains. I forgot the name and location and don't speak Spanish so I needed him. Unfortunately, he took a rain check because his daughter has exams--the school is extremely demanding. Additionally, I was thinking CHEAP clubs like that Gator? something club that I've always wanted to visit. I didn't find it and some of the other clubs seemed to have disappeared. Also, except via the internet I have no way of contacting you so it wasn't really practical once I learned my buddy had to help his daughter and I was thus left free to fend for myself. BTW, a dancer @ Angels has told me that Club Honey's has again closed. Probably temporarily. I plan on trying to do some business in Homestead so perhaps we will be able to get together some time and visit some of these clubs in your area assuming I don't get the door slammed in my face yet again. :) Supposedly, *my people* are running the show in Homestead so supposedly I should be treated like royalty. Of course, I received this tid bit years ago (from "family"--some lady I'd never met but has the right blood) so I may be a dollar and day late yet again. :( Strike when the iron is hot!
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    BTW, a few weeks earlier my attorney said that my interpretation of a particular area of law was just plain WRONG and he wouldn't incorporate it into his motion. I said NO problem at all--Make only those arguments that you believe in. I'm just giving you my 2 cents and I'm not a lawyer. To my great surprise he added everthing word for word (he didn't give me credit or admit that I was right). Unless he is convinced an argument is very solid he won't pursue it because he believes it costs him credibility making anything, but the strongest most concise arguments.
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    For those interested in legal garbage: On November 7th 1994, Mr. Gainer purchased a tax deed for a lot in Fiddlesticks country club. On April 4, 1995, after the issuance of the tax deed, Fiddlesticks Country Club recorded a claim of lien for assessments for shares of the common expenses (I’ve faxed a copy of it herewith). The declaration required all lot owners to buy memberships in the country club in order that these common expenses be paid. Mr. Gainer argued that pursuant to § 197.573, Florida Statutes (1993) the covenant did NOT survive the tax sale. This section has long provided that a covenant does NOT survive a tax sale if it requires “the grantee to expend money for any purpose, except one that may require the premises be kept in a sanitary or sightly condition or one to abate nuisances or undesirable conditions.” The appellate court agreed with Mr. Gainer. The tax deed in the chain of title had extinguished that covenant that required him to pay for the common expenses via a membership in the country club. And, this protection extended into the future until there was a reformation of the declaration. It really is fair and makes sense if you give it some thought. The legislature knew what it was doing giving property owners with a tax deed in the chain of title this wonderful protection. If the claim of lien for assessments had been based on a covenant in the declaration to keep his specific premises in a sanitary or sightly condition or one to abate nuisances or undesirable conditions, then the covenant would have survived the issuance of the tax deed. Fortunately for Mr. Gainer the covenant was in actuality for assessments for common expenses and NOT for expenses directly keeping up his individual lot. I relied on this case law when purchasing Unit 16. I am only liable for assessments where the covenant in the declaration is to keep my specific premises in a sanitary or sightly condition or one to abate nuisances or undesirable conditions. A covenant for assessments for common expenses should NOT survive just as it did NOT survive in the Fiddlesticks case and Mr. Gainer was protected. (Another powerful case is Sugarmill.) So if the Association is making my little Unit sightly or sanitary then I would have to pay, but I do NOT have to pay for assessments for common expenses. There are a lot of finer points and logical points and more importantly basic fairness, which support my argument, but I’m trying to keep it as clear as possible. Sincerely, ************************************************* The law has since changed as far as Homeowner Associations
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    Hi SuperDude, All in 1 day, actually, 2 days. I started the day, Wednesday, at the Alley Cat in Coral Gables at about 4 PM because I had a meeting with my attorney at 6 PM. Yes, it makes sense. I live in the North and his office is in the South and leaving a few hours early to miss the bumper to bumper traffic is a smart move unless you prefer sitting in traffic. I didn't buy any dances at the Alley Cat. Too expensive for me--$15 table, $25 lap--I knew this before hand. The meeting at the attorney's office took another unexpected turn. The other side had faxed the Judge. They felt "unconfortable" having their attorney at the hearing scheduled the next morning. (He had lied and said the case was over. The case has been going on now for almost 3 years.) Anyway they wanted a continuance so hire a new attorney. My attorney caught me by surprise by mentioning that there was a slim chance he might be to get my property returned to me! He has always said that wasn't possible. And, I think it is a very remote possibility, but in a crooked system anything is possible. After a fantastic meeting with my attorney. (He is usually very conservative.) I headed further south to Homestead in search of trash strip clubs even though I was fairly sure they were extinct in the South area of the community. Found Pony Tails just before Card Sound Rd. and the beginning of the Keys and worked my way home. Didn't buy any laps. :( Either too expensive or NOT pretty enough dancers or both. Tables were $15 and laps $25 so I didn't stay too long. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the next club, but the prices were the same and their was a police making his home in the club. The big push their was room rental--$60 per half hour or $100 per hour, but with the hour you get a bottle of champaigne. I think Playpen South was next--names sort of blur. $10 table and $20 lap. I saw one girl that set my heart to racing and the club was almost completely devoid of customers so I thought I might finally have found some opportunity for a real good time. I didn't want to be too aggressive so I figured I'd wait till after she did her stage show. There were a good number of other dancers, but not pretty enough for me. As luck would have it the military showed up and worse these men had good taste. Out of all the dancers they only threw money at the dancer who set my heart to racing. I left quick. Stir Crazy was next. $10 table and $20 laps. Too crowded for me and despite all the hot women none really set my heart racing. Also, so far I had not seen much in the way of other customers buying dances at any of the clubs. And, I believe that the dances are very lame compared to what I'm used to. Also, I'm starting to get desperate so I'm thinking Angels and its fantastic FIVE DOLLAR dances so I leave. I had to go home first though. My attorney claims I'm confused. In his WRONG opinion a Tax Deed in the chain of title of does NOT act prospectively. Its effect is just on that which occured prior to its issuance. I had provided him the case law, Fiddlesticks, also Sugarmill, that proved otherwise and he said he would read it again. He is a real speed reader. Anyway a Tax Deed in the change of title extinguishes those convenants that would require a grantee to expend $$$ for any purpose, except one to keep the premises in a sightly or sanitary condition or one to abate nuisances or undesirable conditions. So anyway I prepared and faxed him a condensed version of what I believe the situation is . . . perhaps I'll post an edited version. It might be of interest. After finishes that it was now Thursday morning and time for Heaven--yep you guessed it Angels!!! :) Unfortunately, NO hotties. In true desperation I went to The Trap which should have still been open, but I knew it wouldn't be. And, it wasn't. :( At this point I was thinking Tootsies and then Cheetahs, but I'm old and poor so I called it quits for the night. Even though I didn't buy any dances and just drank water it seemed like my $$$ just vanished. Must be CRIMINAL dancers!!! ;)
  • Clubber
    19 years ago
    You should have let me know you were down my way.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    All in one night? Laps in each club? Broke? Satsified?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion