I see trouble on the way.
I see nursing schools and cocktail waitressing
I see bad times today.

Don't go clubbing tonight,
Well, it's bound to take your life,
There's a bad boom on the rise.

I hear air dances a-blowin'.
I know the end of extras comin' soon.
I feel real estate licenses overflowin'.
I hear the voice of PL's rage and ruin.

Don't go clubbing tonight,
Well, it's bound to take your life,
There's a bad boom on the rise.
Alright!

4 comments

• Dougster
    10 years ago
    It's okay, steve. Since, from reading your reviews, you only go their to discuss celebrity gossip you might not notice anything regarding extras anyway.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    "I know the end of extras comin' soon"

Funny there's no mention of extras in your reviews. For you even "nipple play" is a big accomplishment. What tells me this is not exactly a subject you know that much about? :-)
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    I hear John Fogerty is planning to record this version. He's a well-known PL so he's very concerned.

On the other hand, he just gets his groupies to give him the LDKs. Dude really digs the Stickypants!!!
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    These booms are bad, all of them. They are booms in investor confidence, and nothing else. They are just hype, attempts to get people to put in money. The people who start them and who put in the big money make out great. But the little people who don't know what is going on get taken.

Real innovation does not happen in these booms. It happens quietly and without fanfare, and often during busts.

I go with Buckminster Fuller who said that humanity is in it's final exam, and some of the questions might not be the ones we were expecting.

http://www.thrivemovement.com/pioneer?ar…

The real issue is can we make the world work for everyone? Present industrial technology could give every man woman and child a splendid existence. But instead of letting it be this way, we have all sorts of doctrines based on invalidation and control, making people prove their worthiness. So we have hierarchy and ideologies which justify it.

What makes it so critical today is our potential for destruction through war or environmental degradation or continuing overpopulation, along with the fact that most labor really is unneeded.

sites.google.com/site/sjgportal/
    SJG

Here is an interesting looking book I just learned of:

www.amazon.com/Seattle-Vice-Strippers-Pr…

and then also this:

www.amazon.com/Half-Sky-Oppression-Oppor…

DEEP PURPLE - MACHINE HEAD 40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION (FULL ALBUM)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BYmhamWgHo
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion