tuscl

Retro Night

Last Wednesday night was my first chance to try out the new "Retro Night" - all 70's and 80's music - at my usual club. I had a blast. <p>
1. I knew all the songs for a change. <p>
2. Felt like I was reliving my bachelor 80's heydays, only this time with money.<p>
Only downside - hearing one song made me feel nostalgic, and I shared a story from my past with my dancer. When I was done she asked when it had happened and I said probably 1989. She said, "Cool, that's the year I was born!" lol. <p>
Anyway, I'll likely go again some time. Just need to check to see if I still have any of my Miami Vice pastels in a closet somewhere.

4 comments

• farmerart
    14 years ago
    I don't have any Miami Vice pastels in my wardrobe. I could lend you some sweetly grease-stained GWG coveralls or how about a suitably charred welding apron, the accompanying fireproof footwear and a cool welder's ragtop? I guarantee that you would make a spectacular fashion statement at your local! Farmers.......sheesh!!
  • EarlTee
    14 years ago
    I would love a retro night like that. I'm a crusty old fart and hate almost all current music. Now you kids get off my lawn!
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    I like when a SC plays older music. I'd hate to tell a dancer what several songs mean to me (i.e. Twilight Zone, et.al.)
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I think you would enjoy Centerfold Club in Columbus maybe. It is a low contact air dancing club but they only play 70s and 80s music. Free cover for those older than 30 and free all you can eat hot dogs on saturdays lol.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion