tuscl

Karaoke Girls

san_jose_guy
money was invented for handing to women, but buying dances is a chump's game
http://ehabari.com/are-se-asias-karaoke-…

I was introduced to some karaoke girls who were here from Singapore. They made good money, compared to what other options they had available. They were both 26 years old, and nice looking. I felt that one of them had a drinking problem.

Their friend told me that they spent most of their money very freely. They seemed to be cognizant of the fact that they were eventually going to have to retire. This wasn't something which they talked about though.

The girls told me themselves that sometimes when someone wanted it they would take them into a vacant room and do P4P FS.

I read the article and I see that underneath all of it, is just economic dislocation, and so this sex industry explodes. But I hear about all the FS in American SC's, and I see the same thing underlying it.

I've never seen a karaoke place in the us which has hostesses on staff and working for tips. That would seem to be a completely FS situation.

I don't see any economic improvement coming. Oh sure, more NASDAQ Ponzi schemes and more things which further concentrate wealth. But these are just the latest gambits, not any sustainable improvement and not anything which lifts all boats.

SJG

8 comments

• san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    Maybe this would be a way of getting around all the Adult Entertainment Ordinances and also the laws directed at Massage Parlors too.

I mean you can't make a law against pretty girls for hostesses, and they don't have to be less than dressed, and you can't make a law against private rooms either.

As far as what goes on in those "Cabanas", who knows. If a cop goes in there and tries to make something happen, then that is entrapment. If they do catch someone, then they just have a smaller form of misdemeanor.

Karaoke places could be a way to solve the SC problem here, with them being completely non-competitive and clip joints.

They could also have a selections room, which is not the lobby. So people who just walk in won't see anything surprising. They have to get buzzed into the selections room to pick their hostess.

So no, the selections room, basically the girls' lounging around room, is not a hang out place like an SC. But it is not like some AMPs where they try to pair you off too quickly. Someone who wants to take a while to make a selection and who wants to fraternize some and maybe give out some tips, could probably make it work with some of the girls his way, and then be paired up and ready for the Cabana.

So since you have to pay something to get in maybe, then you eliminate the problems Trixxi has illuminated about clientele who don't want to pay anything, but still demand stage occupancy, at the dive strip clubs.

Maybe it is a good compromise. But mostly it is a business model which could be easily proliferated as it avoids lots of ordinances. Best with no alcohol, as there won't be as many problems or as many girls with drinking problems, or as many creepy bouncers. Say 100 of these places in the Bay Area, to compete with our handful of strip clubs.

SJG
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    DAMN!
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Shit
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I knew this chick. Her name was Carrie. She was from Bakersfield. Yup, she's an Oakie. Can you guess her nickname in jr. high?
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    SS,

Let me take a wild guess. Carrie Oakie?
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    BTW, I'll take a dozen of each.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Clubber-Yup, yup. She had a sister named Sallie. We called her Sallie Fields.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    The Hooters-girls of Beijing (??? - ????): http://youtu.be/B78PW-_ic_s
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion