tuscl

NYC

GinoCBoozy
London, City of
Reading reviews of NYC and Boston clubs in anticipation of an upcoming vacation. Seems like i shouldn't waste my time with them and save my $$$'s! Am i wrong? Any places worth it? Prices seem crazy high and you don't get much...

13 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    The consensus is that neither NYC nor Boston are worth SCing in – w.r.t. Boston; most rather make the drive to Providence, RI where there is a healthy SC scene.

w.r.t NYC – Gallaghers in Long Island seems to get decent reviews but the Manhattan clubs seem to all be tourist/$$$ traps.

I have not SCed in those areas personally – so maybe you can get more solid info from others on the board.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=3…

This is my report on NYC strip clubbing.
  • rockie
    10 years ago
    GCB: If you actually want quality feedback, you might want to fill in some details of your upcoming vacation. Will have vehicle, traveling alone or w family, main goals of a visit to NYC and Boston, downtime is club time? Gallagher's Long Island, Club Desire or Foxy Lady Providence, Mario's Showplace or Foxy Lady Brockton, would give you thought's on regional differences. There are other dives and brothels in between (Bridgeport CT, Providence RI ...)- if that is more to your taste. So yes you can spend a fortune and get nothing in downtown Boston and some Manhattan clubs, but if you are traveling by land in between there are a plethora of monger delights at reasonable pricing.
  • GinoCBoozy
    10 years ago
    Papi - yeh, from the reviews Gallaghers seemed the best bet. But as i read thru them so many mentions of intrusive bouncers, airport style security, and stuff kinda put me off. Not looking for extras btw but camera in the vip also ain't great... Could still check it out.

Jack - thks, that thread seemed to confirm what i was thinking...

Rockie - pretty limited to NYC and Boston downtowns...
  • Estafador
    10 years ago
    @papi_Chulo Gallaghers is in Queens, the area is CALLED Long Island City/Astoria. It's not actually in LI.

IF your in NYC go to Bronx and Brooklyn. Long Island you can go to, just ask for particular venues because not all LI clubs are equal. And why not RI if you can go to boston? Or Philidephia since it's between the two.
  • rockie
    10 years ago
    I limit my response to the somewhat understated parameters set forth by the OP. In downtown Boston, visit Centerfolds Boston with the comprehension that it is strictly a visual and cultural visit. Limit your "in house play to stage tipping and the cover ($20)." If you are looking for something more in the Boston area, check out the commuter rail schedule between Boston's South Station and Stoughton Center. With commuter rail, you want to make sure you have a return trip to Boston, or the taxi ride back will be $70 plus. You need to take a taxi to and from Foxy Lady, Brockton and Stoughton's Commuter Rail Station , which should be short money. The experience at Foxy Lady with caveats is more budget friendly and interactive. 30 minutes in VIP can be done for $200, and lap dances are $20.
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    Honestly, I would not hike all the way out to Brockton by commuter train just to go to the Foxy Lady. The club is decent, but not so great that I'd commit a lot of time just to commute to it. Also be aware that cab service is probably not stunningly reliable out there - Brockton is a small and very poor city. If I were you, I would just call Boston a wash or go to Centerfolds with the understanding that eye candy is all that you'll get.

I agree that Gallaghers is a good option for what you are looking for. It has high contact LDs and VIP, even with the cameras. It is also more reasonably priced that its Manhattan competition, yet still staffs hot girls. Just take the 7 train out to 33rd St. stop, walk up Queens Blvd. 4 blocks to 37th, and bang a left. If you are going there earlier in the day, make sure that you are on the 7 Local (it has a circle around the 7) and not the 7 Express (which has a diamond around it) because the express does not stop at 33rd St. or 40th St.

Coming back from Gallaghers you will probably want to take a cab if it is later in the evening as the subway service becomes more sporadic and less safe late at night. Many of the cab cos park their cars in Queens, so it is usually very easy to stand on the corner of 37th and Queens Blvd. and to hail a cab heading towards the 59th St. Bridge.

Good luck!
  • GinoCBoozy
    10 years ago
    Thanks for these helpful comments guys, i'll be sure to review any clubs i visit.
  • rockie
    10 years ago
    Just to be clear, I did not subject the "traveler" to downtown Brockton. My biggest concern when visiting a new club in a location strange to me is safe access to and from. Stoughton is definitely not a "day time/prime commuting hour" safety concern and Foxy Lady Brockton is just over the Stoughton town line in a section that more resembles Stoughton than Brockton. Rick is certainly correct to mention his real concern for subjecting an "out of towner" to the surprises held within some sections of "Broketown".

RD: Would you recommend Gallagher's without concern for an out of towner's safety (day or night) - if their actual travel is limited to cab or rail?

It's funny to me that I chose FLB, because I couldn't recommend wandering around downtown Providence, Worcester, or Springfield in search SC nirvana - I could see that going so wrong! In a related note, I visited Atlanta's infamous "Follies" recently and a day time visit there is uncomplicated, but I wouldn't want to deal with leaving that club late at night without my own vehicle.

GCB: If you are a Brit traveling to the states and want to experience the strip clubbing differences in the US within your constraints - you have been well informed. If you are a US business traveler who is well versed in the club differences in the US, then a Foxy Lady Brockton visit is unnecessary! Rail travel SS to Stoughton is 36 minutes and it's a 5 minute taxi ride. Enjoy your travels - no matter where they take you!
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    Rockie, I'm guessing that it will during the evening as I'm betting that he is traveling to the NE for work, which is why he needs the downtown locations. Also, for the same reason, I'm guessing that he won't have a rental car.

So with that said, if I had to pick whether I would like to be at FLB or Gallaghers at night, with an uncertain transportation situation, it would be Gallaghers hands down. Read what I wrote above regarding the ease of finding transportation back from the club, including two nearby subway stops (if you are brave) and a constant stream of cabs heading into the city. Conversely, I am very well familiar with FLB and I would not want to be stuck out there reliant solely upon a Brockton cab service to get me back.

Seriously dude, have you ever had a cab service crap out on you late at night while you were clubbing in a remote location? I have and it sucks. Just imagine how safe you would feel stuck in the FLB parking lot at 1:30 am still waiting for your ride. That area is not downtown for sure, but neither would I call it safe, especially once the club shuts down.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    "have you ever had a cab service crap out on you while you were clubbing in a remote location?"

I have, and that shit fucking sucks.
  • rockie
    10 years ago
    RD: "Cab service crap out" - I make an arrangement not just with the cab company for the return trip, but it's the only question I have for strip club management when I walk in their door. "Are you capable of securing me a taxi back to ____, if my arrangement fails? And yes I have been stuck when I've flown by the seat of my pants.

I'm going with the OP's statement that it is a "vacation". I have no issue with Gallagher's being the better option entertainment-wise, including the thought of an exit strategy. FLB will arrange a cab pick up and I wouldn't want to be either place at 1:30 (AM) without a firm exit strategy.

What the OP should know is that "rickdugan" has a great familiarity with the strip club offerings in many sectors of the US (including the New England states) and is a great resource for this topic.
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    My bad, I missed the vacation part.

Gino, help us out here if you are still following this. Day or night? Why are you limited to downtown locations?

Truth be told, I am not a huge fan of either FLB or G2k - they are just the best of a bunch of not-so-great options in each area. Though if he is going to hike 30+ minutes outside of Boston to begin with, I would think that he would be better of just going a little further down into Providence. More fun clubs, safer area, cab services that I am sure are more reliable than whatever exists in Brockton, later trains back (Amtrak options instead of just local commuter rail), etc.

Rockie, if you are clubbing on a major street in NYC, such as Queens Blvd., with subway options to boot, you have a built in exit strategy, regardless of the time of night. Places like G2K and Scandals are very easy to leave since there are cabs all over the place on that stretch, even at 2:00 am. And even those clubs that are in more remote parts of the boroughs, far away from subway lines or cab traffic, have car services on speed dial who are eager to swoop in for the fare. It is NYC dude - very few places can compare in that regard.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion