tuscl

Forum

GinoCBoozy
London, City of
Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:36 PM
Hey all. Is it possible to view the discussion forum in the normal internet forum format? I'm new here. I have tons of questions. I bet they've all been answered here a ton of times. I don't want to piss people off asking a bunch of newbie questions but seems pretty hard to locate relevant past discussions.

33 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    “... Is it possible to view the discussion forum in the normal internet forum format …” What does that mean and are you viewing TUSCL via a smartphone; tablet; or computer? Just post your questions as you did this one. Most of us PLs only get upset when a newbie asks for inside info w/o having contributed anything to the forum (i.e. asking which clubs and dancers do extras; etc).
  • GinoCBoozy
    10 years ago
    Viewing on a regular computer. Thinking some kind of view like this where you can see the popular threads with lots of info etc. [view link] Thanks for your response tho. I plan to post some reviews to get VIP anyway. Reading some other reviews will probably answer some questions, can only see first line of reviews just now.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Dude, that would not work here. Basically, besides strip clubs, the main threads here are....... Chill Out Zone A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything. Moderators: cassiegose, Boss
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Nah – I don’t think TUSCL has the type of view you are referring to – in fact; TUSCL is pretty bare bones but it’s the content what matters. Just make sure you select “Last Comment” under the “Sort Discussions” menu since this makes it easier to keep up w/ the latest/most-recent comments (the Discussion view I think is sorted by “Date Posted” by default; i.e. when the thread was originally posted; vs “Last Comment”; i.e. when the thread was last commented on).
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Gino, An excellent introduction of yourself. As Papi said, those that come in seeking info without "paying their dues" offend those of us that have been around awhile. Welcome!
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Gino, An example of which I speak. [view link]
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "I plan to post some reviews to get VIP anyway. Reading some other reviews will probably answer some questions, can only see first line of reviews just now." @gino - You are on the right track - go to a club, write a review and get your VIP. Don't worry too much about your first review - once you're able to read other reviews you'll get the hang of it. There's also a glossary section to get you acquainted with the terminology used here.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Don't be surprised if you see some pop cultural references here.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "Thinking some kind of view like this where you can see the popular threads with lots of info etc." @gino - As far as the discussion board goes, we basically just recycle the same dozen of so topics over and over, so just hang around and we'll cover; - How do I ask for extras? - How do I know if a dancer really "likes" me? - What are the best pants to wear for a lap dance? - What does it mean if a dancer gives me her phone number? - How do I ask for OTC? and so on...
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "Don't be surprised if you see some pop cultural references here" Good point!
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    BTW, @Papi_Chulo is one of the good guys here, and can be counted on for solid, non-snarky advice 99% of the time. (For the other 1%, just ignore anything having to do with bringing a stopwatch into the club)
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I agree w/ steve229
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    The "Search" function also works well to locate specific topics.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Gino, Nope. Never gonna happen. I've asked this before. Why founder doesn't use one of the standard Internet forum programs. A forum where one can "reply", "quote", use bold, italics, colors, different font sizes. I think he likes the challenge of creating his own thing. Of course, he will tell us we can make things <b> bold </b>
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Ignore everything that someone called jerikson40 posts. Also duck when you read a guy named dougster mention The System. Otherwise, you'll be fine.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    <b>bold</b>
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    HTML tags no longer work?
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    <span style= "font-weight:bold"> bold</span>
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I give up
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    motor needs a jump start!
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Discussions are not arranged by topic. But you can use the search box and search for topics like "strip club etiquette." The same topics come up again and again.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Gino-Everything here us on the level, just as long as you don't get stingy with your Pizza Rolls.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Gino, At the bottom of the page... "Everything written on this site should be considered a work of fiction." Keep this in mind at all times.
  • GinoCBoozy
    10 years ago
    Thanks for the comments guys. I've found some stuff just browsing around.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    Yes, I think the threads could be presented differently. The way it is now, the same stuff keeps getting addressed again and again in new threads. But most of all, I think it would be better if we could see the Articles by date of last comment, as we are now able to do with Discussions. Articles after all are supposed to deal with material of longer term interest. So it would be better if they got bumped when someone commented. SJG Dream On [view link]
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    #bold
  • 4oureyes
    10 years ago
    *bold*?
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Trending
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    <i>bold</i>
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    <big>bold</big>
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^^ thats how my chess moves are....bold
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    Motorhead has turret's.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    I kinda like the forum just the way it is. Simple. Who cares if the same topics come up occasionally? Hell, who cares if they come up often? Somebody we've never heard from before might have something interesting to say, and it's dead simple to avoid them if you want. I am a member of forums that have setups such as the one to which you linked, and they tend to be slow. I much prefer simple and fast to cool and slow. Of course, I "grew up" in the heydey of FIDONet and usenet, so my desires and expectations were inspired by those. You whippersnappers and your fancy-schmancy intertubes are spoiled.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion