tuscl

A Stripper with her Head on Straight

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
A dancer I've known for years sat down and my table yesterday and told me about her plans for the future. (This girl is not my type and so I've never gotten dances from her.) She said she was quitting dancing in December and buying a small business. She owns 2 houses. She said she had saved her money and had never bought expensive cars or wasted money on drugs. This girl is in her early 30's and is well prepared for the rest of her life.

It's nice to hear about a stripper with her head on straight.

29 comments

• pensionking
    10 years ago
    Insert joke here
  • pensionking
    10 years ago
    j/k. I've never understood why more of them didn't follow a similar strategy. Oh wait, they're strippers.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    From our PMs jack, I know the dancer you are talking about and I can attest as to her “work ethic” and can see her making decent enough money to quit dancing at some point due to her skills.

When I met her during our July meet; she told me she was 31 y/o.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Most Americans tend to be bad savers no matter what line of work they are in.

Prior to the ’08 recession; I think the avg savings rate was below 1% (although supposedly it has increased after the recession b/c people are more eerie of the future).

I’ve known of people with $250k and $300k per year jobs that have no savings or have filed for bankruptcy due to mishandling their finances (mainly overspending and credit-card debt).

• jester214
    10 years ago
    "I've never understood why more of them didn't follow a similar strategy. Oh wait, they're strippers."

More importantly they're young and often uneducated. This leads to being short sighted. Shove $500-$1000 cash into the hands of your average American 20-something and tell them they can keep coming back each night for more. Not many of them are going to plan well for the future.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "I’ve known of people with $250k and $300k per year jobs that have no savings or have filed for bankruptcy due to mishandling their finances (mainly overspending and credit-card debt)"

Word, Papi. You would think they would at least have some savings put away for those "unexpected" expenses. Good thing that would never happen to anyone on TUSCL...
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "people with $250k and $300k per year jobs"

Did you forget about Slick's raise? That should be "350k and $400k"
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    jack,

Sounds like my ATF. Some do the right thing for themselves.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Everyone who believes this thread, please PM me about a great investment opportunity I have for you.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    So just how little does this 16 y/o girl steve229 make anyway? Just whatever her after school part-time job at Wendy's pays?
  • RTP
    10 years ago
    I actually knew a stripper who was also had a job in commercial real estate. She told me that she danced to pay for her weed habit. (She also did some OTC. Not sure what that paid for.) She did have rental property and drove a late model Mercedes.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    “… She did have rental property and drove a late model Mercedes …”

Man – it’s sad when the strippers you give your money to drive a better car than you.
  • alabegonz
    10 years ago
    So...

I'm waiting for the punchline...

I guess there wasn't any.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Reminds me of a dancer that said she graduated from college but wanted to keep stripping because she was making a whole lot more money stripping then she could at a regular job. Said she would get a regular job when her income started going downhill stripping. Hopefully things worked out for her. Many companies do not hire people who haven't worked in the field they got a degree in if it's been years since they got the degree with no related work experience.
  • bubba267
    10 years ago
    My ATF @ Babydolls in Dallas was like this. At 28, she had saved and planned, opening her own used car business. Insert joke... It was true, she would. show me pictures of her business, cars etc. smart girl, and was also one of the prettiest I'd ever encountered in an SC. She was planning to quit last December, but I had moved away from Dallas at that point. Rare but it does happen.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    " opening her own used car business."

Did she hire RickyBoy to work as a sales guy there?
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    I knew one who had her own photography studio and she said the only reason she stripped was because she could get a new car instead of a used one when it came time to get a new vehicle. Also, she loved it when I DATY on her as well.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    DD,

Why would she have to strip for DATY? She couldn't see you other than in a SC?
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    For every stripper with her head on straight, there's 100 strippers that don't have their head on straight.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    ran,

I think you underestimate the majority.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    Clubber- To answer your question, I'd always see the girl with the photography studio in a club where there was always some sort of ITC action going on, so I never felt the need to do OTC with her. I never felt like she did OTC, unlike most of the girls there, because she always had to take care of her business. I believe for her, stripping was just an outlet, because how many baby pictures and wedding pictures can you take in a lifetime? If she thinks stripping is fun, and getting ate out by strangers in public is fun, well, I don't have much to say about that.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    DD,

Makes sense, I guess.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "She owns 2 houses".
    "She did have rental property"

Not that I doubt you, but I just wonder how it's possible. I mean, we have guys (ok, one guy) here on TUSCL that make $350K/yr and still live in an apartment.

A stripper couldn't have better financial management skills than us, could she?
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Imagine if you ran into a stripper with her head on sideways? Wowzers, I'd freak the fuck out, exit stage left. I might like Picasso and Dali but only on canvas.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    MY ATF, was frugal. Lived alone. No bad habits. She also worked two clubs and lived in section 8 housing. Invested wisely. And for a couple of years lived with another customer, so no housing costs there. It can be done.

When I went with her to buy a new truck, she even financed it so the cash wouldn't be "noticed" should she had paid for it in full. Might have cost a bit more, but in the long run, kept her finances out of the mainstream.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    "Imagine if you ran into a stripper with her head on sideways"

And with those 6" heels she would need exquisite balance
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    ^Invest wisely and show little enough assets/income to get section 8? Must have had a good accountant.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Has real estate been a better investment than the stock market over the last 6 years? How much can you leverage it up? How liquid is it? Let's ask the guy with the mind of a 16y/o girl and zero investment experience due to making only $40k/y on a civil service salary for his financial advice here.

LOL! Too funny!
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    jester,

I know one thing she did is keep all transactions under the limit that kept the feds from looking at them, ergo, her financing the truck. Just like most everyone else in the country.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion