tuscl

Papi_Chulo hangout closes.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:11 AM
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. - The business license of The Office Gentlemen's Club in Miami Beach was pulled Tuesday and the club was closed after City Manager Jimmy L. Morales issued a revocation order. The club's closing comes after a recent shooting and an ongoing criminal investigation that recently led to the arrest of five employees accused of felonies within the club -- the sale of narcotics, possession of firearms and soliciting prostitution. Morales said the circumstance became an emergency situation after a person was injured Saturday in a shooting at the club. He said he determined the activity within the club was a serious danger to the public health, safety and welfare of the public. Investigators said full nudity was also taking place in the establishment, which is a violation of the business license. "It is clear that this establishment has become a haven for violent felons, drug dealing and illegal sexual activity," said Morales. "This kind of institution does not belong in any city and needed to be shut down." The closing of the club is effective immediately.

9 comments

• sflguy123
    10 years ago
    Based on his reviews I don't think he will particularly miss that one. Not that it's closed maybe it will become an office named The Strip Club.
  • IHearVoices
    10 years ago
    Good riddance. I hated that place.
  • Duke69
    10 years ago
    Rip mr.chulo sex life
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Damn shadow – how do you do it :) – I heard about it on the news last night and was ready to post a thread about it but no beating shadow P.I. :) The Office first opened in Miami Gardens I think in about 2011 (down the street from Tootsies and King of Diamonds) – the Miami Gardens location is still there and it’s the main location of 3 Office clubs. The Office bought up the old Playhouse-Miami/Kisses and opened it as The Office Falls about 6 months ago or so. The Office Miami Beach was the 3rd Office club and it only opened up on July 5th of this year – less than 2 months ago. Shadow and I have reported 2:00 AMers at the original Office in Miami Gardens – I think there have been 4 or 5 shootings there in the last 2 years or so (maybe more). Shadow I think also reported on a shooting at the Office Falls (which only opened about 6 months ago) – in that incident a dancer shot and killed a custy in the parking lot. Now The Office Miami Beach. I’m pretty sure it got shot down b/c it def did not fit the area. Miami Beach is tourist based and mostly everything about the city is geared towards the tourism industry and thus The Office club and its thug clientele and staff did not fit the Miami Beach “business model” and most likely why the city wanted them out. The area where the Office Miami Beach was, was actually a pretty nice area w/ lots of mainstream businesses so a thug club was probably not going to be tolerated by the powers to be.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Papi, When I saw this, I thought about a TUSCL message, but I said, nope, sc will have already done it. I didn't even know there was an Office on the beach,
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "Based on his reviews I don't think he will particularly miss that one" Why, did they cut the songs short?
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Actually steveo – the thugs took my stopwatch away and I was unable to time the song :)
  • SippyCup69
    10 years ago
    I believe shadow has a personal helicopter and this is how he gets all this breaking news at 2 am
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Sippy, More likely, he's like me. Doesn't sleep a lot, so has more time to peruse the "news".
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion