tuscl

Partying at the club

Friday, October 8, 2010 4:22 PM
So how do you know when you've partying way too hard at the club? When you run the ATM out of money. This actually happened at my last visit to the Candy Bar in VA. I had the receipt so I knew this was legit; that and I've used this ATM before so I trust it. The cashier started laughing, I was laughing, hell even the dancer started laughing.

5 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    Interesting that has not happened to me before. Besides the ATM there is also the cash advance you can do at the bar. At one club, it is a flat $15 ATM fee or a 10% fee for cash advance. So if you want to withdraw less than $150, it is cheaper to just use the cash advance. When you sign for the cash advance, there is a line to leave a tip. How fucking greedy...sometimes I'll put $1 tip just to fill out the line instead of leaving it blank (usually just cross it out though).
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    ^^^^ Should also mention that the minimum for doing the cash advance is usually $50, where as you can take out just $20 from the ATM (plus fee). Also some clubs charge more than just 10% for the cash advance so maybe sometimes it is better to stick with the ATM.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    sam, that line is there because their register, like most registers in food and service establishments now, puts it there automatically for all credit card transactions, not specifically because they expect a tip for a cash advance. I'm sure they'll *take* a tip, though. :)
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    GMD, yeah I have noticed that. It seems like companies want to stop giving their employees raises but now are giving them more opportunities to be tipped. I have seen that line when going to pick up a pizza or buying a cup of coffee(things I probably should not use a cc for anyways but I do sometimes) Also some clubs don't give you real cash for a cash advance they give you "funny money" or "platinum bucks" which can ONLY be spent at the club and they charge a 10-25% fee anyways for it. These are the rip off clubs to avoid.
  • bigdude012
    14 years ago
    Actually this club does do a 10% per $100 fee but b/c of the ATM issue they only charged me $5 for 200 on top of the $5 I was already charged at the ATM. To put it simply they waived the fee on the first $100. The dance I got afterward was worth every bit of all that trouble.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion