tuscl

Tipping Well Strongly Encouraged Here!

joker44
In the wind

Waitresses All Pack Heat At 'Shooters Grill' In Rifle, Colo.

ERIC LACH – JULY 2, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT

In the small city of Rifle, Colo., there's a restaurant called Shooters Grill. Inside, the waitresses are armed.

All nine of the establishment's servers "pack heat as they shuttle plates of food to diners," USA Today reported in an article on Tuesday. Menu items at Shooters include the "M16 burrito," the "Swiss and Wesson grilled cheese," and the "Locked and Loaded nachos." A sign on the front door of the restaurant reads: "Guns are welcome on premises. Please keep all weapons holstered unless need arises. In such case, judicious marksmanship is appreciated."

Lauren Boebert, the restaurant's 27-year-old owner, said she started carrying a pistol on her hip at work a month after opening Shooters last year. Then her waitresses picked up the practice. The guns are kept holstered, with the safeties on. But they are loaded.

Boebert said she didn't set out to make a statement.

"There's no point to be made," she told USA Today. "This is our way of life."`

The restaurant doesn't serve alcohol, and the waitresses have also all been safety certified to carry concealed weapons, even though they don't need a special permit to carry openly, according to USA Today. Shooters also offers handgun safety classes. Just $75 gets you a four-hour seminar, plus dinner.

9 comments

• crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    That is awesome! Next time I'm up there I will stop by
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    That is the safest place in town.
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    That's awesome. I'd love to check that place out sometime.
  • Prim0
    10 years ago
    Some might say the service is of a very high caliber.
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    @Prim0 - Bullseye!
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Will the waitresses holster my revolver?
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Will she play with my gun for a big tip?
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    I have not been to Riffle in a long time. It is a small mountain town where everyone drives a lifted 4x4 truck with a gun rack in the back window.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    That would be kinda hot, as long as I didn't piss her off and she shot my brains out.
    Good thing that I'm a generous tipper.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion