tuscl

I guess flagging reviews is a waste of time!

sflguy123
Florida
I'm sure it is impossible to know if each review is valid but when it is so obvious and insulting to us actual readers I get a little pissed.

I'm not the type to normally flag a review as I'm not beyond lying myself for an added benefit but at least I will put some effort into it.

Example #1:
Dude cuts and paste the same review by himself 2 additional times. The only reason I was suspect was he was careless enough to copy his profile at the beginning of the most recent review. It was quite obvious.
https://www.tuscl.net/u-r.php?UID=292682

Example #2:
https://www.tuscl.net/stripclubreviews.p…
Second review today(6/15) in the first sentence he has the club name wrong(BT instead of Coliseum)

https://www.tuscl.net/stripclubreviews.p…
Guess what he copied it from someone else who reviewed BT on 6/13. I only noticed this one b/c I remembered reading it a few days ago.

Again I'm normally not one to snitch but when they are like these examples I feel guility if I don't and then nothing comes of it.

Just like people on wikipedia will correct errors, when a member points out an obvious BS review it s/b removed.

11 comments

• sinclair
    10 years ago
    Good catches. I flagged some reviews and the flags didn't show up. I guess the flagging system is broken. It sucks having to read through twenty fucking useless reviews before finding one that actually states facts and helpful info.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I have stopped flagging review because for what ever reason nothing seems to be done about them.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I've seen reviews get removed on occassion. not sure about recently.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    I mentioned a while ago when flagging came up, that to see the flag you have to be in the screen where the review is seen alone. If you have the screen where all the reviews for that club are shown, the flag isn't visible. Founder said he'd fix that, but it hasn't happened yet.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    @sflguy -- readers of the review can still see the flag and judge for themselves.
  • Otto22
    10 years ago
    I flagged a review last winter and got an angry email from the guy about 5 months later. He was pissed because I said I doubted the veracity of his review inasmuch as it was his first ever although he said he had visited "hundreds" of strip clubs. I mean there can be occasional hyperbole, but hundreds?
  • sinclair
    10 years ago
    Looks like the reviews in question got deleted.
  • sflguy123
    10 years ago
    Yes they are gone now. Don't know if it was this post or it took a while to get to it. The first example was from like a week ago. I remembered his username and it comes up in the search but all the links are down. So maybe they got banned.

The other thing I noticed in both cases were they had exactly zero comments and only a few reviews. Most bogus.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    The handful of times I’ve flagged reviews; they have been removed – but is not instantaneous; it takes a day or 2 on avg b/c I guess Founder needs to read and verify – and if Founder is busy; then it may take longer.

The way to view Flags is the same way to view Props – I’m able to see Prop comments but have not been able to view Flag comments for a while now (although I used to be able to).

Perhaps Founder may not display the Flag comments anymore in order to avoid retribution as in Otto’s case?
  • mroo
    10 years ago
    What, you mean not every strip bar in Portland has a chill vibe, an excellent VIP room experience, an awesome DJ, and HOT girls? :-)

I think the Founder or whomever edits things does a pretty good job, given the volume of reviews and the prevalence of scumbaggery in the ownership and management ranks of strip clubs. I'm actually surprised that it works as well as it does.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    I flag reviews fairly often. And for the most heinous I'll also PM the culprit and tell him to stop being a freaking prick and actually visit a club. That seems to work better than the flagging system.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion