tuscl

The New Look, will it mean you visit more of less often?

dallas702
Wandering
Founder has worked hard, for years, to make the TUSCL experience better. Some of his changes over the years have been home runs, some - - not so much.

The new look, displayed on the "Discussion" title page, is another attempt to make our experience better.

But does it?

Aside from all the "I'm used to the old," and, "don't fix what ain't broke," comments, even beyond the new programming glitches, the real question should be:

*** Will this new format encourage more usage?

My answer is - - not really! The new format doesn't seem to be well suited to quick scans. The new look actually shows less information per visible page (at least on my computer) and less history on the OP.

What do you think?

12 comments

• shadowcat
    10 years ago
    It hasn't stopped the trolls and it won't stop me either.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I guess I will get used to it. By so far - yes, indeed I am visiting less.

It's not good for quick scans of topics.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    I won't visit any more or less than I did before the change
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    It's actually improved alot since its first take. I have no problem with it now and will post at my usual rate.

Rapidly closing in on my 10,000th post! Just hope Founder doesn't delete me before I get there. Would be like a DNC in a marathon at mile 26.0.
  • mjx01
    10 years ago
    I haven't really noticed a functional difference in the new format. I like that the view map has received a larger push-button (now if only I could alter the map's search radius!)

OT:
    However, I'd like to see # of clubs & total reviews return to the new discussion page layout. Makes it easier to spot the trolls.
  • minnow
    10 years ago
    No effect either way for me, though I agree with dallas and shadowcat. I'll admit that I don't miss all those blue crickets on the initial subject page.
  • Caprisun69
    10 years ago
    Just like McDonalds, some menu items r successful and some are not. I hope u people have sent him some screenshots so he knows what we are experiencing
  • MrDeuce
    10 years ago
    Though I'm not a fan of the new look, it will have no effect on the frequency of my posts.
  • ime
    10 years ago
    no effect for me
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I liked it the old way better but it’s not a game changer for me.
  • Cheo_D
    10 years ago
    ^Same here. I come mostly for the reviews rather than the discussion threads, and though my tastes favor the former style this should not push me away as long as the contents are still efficiently legible.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Front page looks good on my phone. It sure as hell ain't gonna make me stop posting.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion