tuscl

My Thoughts on the Respect Issue

With respect to the "respect" survey:

It was my experience that the more comfortable a stripper was with herself and her career choice the more likely she was to treat customers respectfully. In these cases it was like: "yeah the customers are mainly just in here to get their rocks off, but that's pretty normal for guys, and I am comfortable in providing that service."

I found that the strippes who were not comfortable with themselves or their careers were the ones who seemed to feel the most contempt for their customers and to treat the customers in contemptuous ways.

I feel that on a semi-conscious level many strippers feel that bad circumstances have "forced" them into a job that they hate and that the customers are using their age and money to "exploit" this fact. (Of course the reasoning is not valid if you are going to apply exact definitions, but you get my drift).

Hence I always felt most comfortable with the strippers who were most comfortable with themselves. I think that part of the problems at the extras clubs, is that girls don't really want to be doing them, but the need to kind of avalanches as some desperate ones starts.

Hence the feelings of uneasiness, non-comfort with oneself and one's job, and the projection of this contempt onto customers.

I also beleive that the strippers who feel "exploited" in the loose sense would use this feeling as a rationalize of thier lying, stealing and scamming.

2 comments

• FONDL
    19 years ago
    Anyway I've always found that if I treat a dancer with respect, most of them will treat me the same way. Those who don't I simply avoid.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Davids, for once I tend to agree with you. But I find it to be a little more complicated than that. I think a lot of strippers have real mixed feelings about dancing. Some are just in it for the money, and to them it's just a job. But for a lot of others it's a lot more complex than that. I've known several girls who absolutely love dancing naked on stage and having guys watch, and they would probably do it for free (my current fav got thrown out of bars several times for taking off her clothes and dancing on a bar or table before she became a dancer.) What I've found especially interesting is that some of these girls (like my fav) are pretty shy, and maybe this helps them deal with their shyness. I also think that a lot of dancers are pretty sensitive (low self esteem being fairly common) and don't deal well with rejection or with guys making fun of them, which is pretty common in many clubs. Hence the feeling that all customers are jerks is somewhat of a defense mechanism. And every dancers has horror stories of things that have happened to them in the LD or VIP room, which adds greatly to their attitude that all customers are jerks. That's why my 2 favorite dancers ever have been girls who I met when they just started dancing - I was able to establish myself as a real person before they developed their anti-customer bias.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion