tuscl

Anyone else?

Clubber
Florida
Just read a review of a local club that I've visited a few times over the years. The reviewer mentioned it getting "Ghetto" later at nights and on the weekend. I started thinking of all the clubs I've visited over the years, and most everyone seems to be heading that way. Thoughts?

9 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    The freaks/thugs come out at night
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Not where I club but that could be because of the wide demographics of the Greater Los Angeles area. Case in point is the COI. The City Of Industry is in the San Gabriel Valley. The SGV is probably 33% Asian, 33% Latino, and a hodgepodge of White, Black, and other.

@Clubber-Instead of young hip-hop brothas, you're more likely to run into Mexican cowboys or Asian, Fast and The Furious types.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    SS,

I guess the SC scene is leaving us old timers behind. Part of why I prefer afternoon. Luckily, I've always found a fave in the afternoon. Some have lasted a year or more.
  • Caprisun69
    10 years ago
    Hey clubber, I concur with your statements. My favorite club follies is just like that and that is y I try too bounce out of there by 8
  • VeryBigDawg
    10 years ago
    Depends on the club area. Capri is right that Follies is ghetto at night. Atlanta has weird distinction between ITP (Inside the Perimeter or I-285) and OTP (Outside the Perimeter). OTP clubs are OK day or night and usually have lots of bouncers to keep the crowd in check.
  • Prim0
    10 years ago
    Hip hop culture has been growing more mainstream for decades...You older guys will just have to sag your pants like everyone else and get with the times!
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Prim,

That'll happen, ah, never!
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    My biker friends would likely open a can of Whoop Ass!
  • AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    I suspect this varies greatly based on club & location.

Did have a kind of "getto" crowd come in to a regular stop of mine last night -- four guys and two girls who had kind of a hoodrat vibe. My CF saw them and gave the house mom $10 to avoid her last stage rotation, knowing they didn't look like they were doing any tipping and were perhaps out to cause some trouble. Sure shootin', while we were talking, an AA dancer and one of the girls got into a shouting match with some pointing. Bouncers stepped in and kept them from getting within four feet of each other, so no fireworks, but yeah.

Perhaps a symptom of the vanishing middle class. The one-percenters are hiding up in the VIP. The middle class is struggling to hang on. And the hoodrats are like, "Screw it, gonna be in debt anyway, goin' to the club."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion