tuscl

Are 2-for-1s really a good deal ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

Most of us know that 2-for-1 “specials” often consist of cut songs.

I was at a mid-tier club (Showgirls in South Miami) a couple of weeks ago and decided to time the 2-for-1 songs.

The first song was 2.5 minutes – I was actually surprised and thought that was pretty good – but *then* the 2nd song they actually cut it at 1 min – WTF?.

So basically; the 2 songs of the 2-for-1 were the length of what 1 regular song should be.

I think that sucks – why tell the PLs it's a special – I was actually so pissed that I left the f'ing club (part of it was that I was not really feeling the vibe – but the 2-for-1 “special” is the straw that broke the camel's back).

Any of you PLs; I mean gentlemen/ladies, get an actual 2 full songs (or close to it) on a 2-for-1 (to the best of your knowledge)?

20 comments

• tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    You often seeme fly right by you.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Papi - At my home away from home in Columbia SC, I always get 2 full length songs. I always avoid the announced 2 for 2 for 1's because I do believe that they do play shorter songs and the lap dance rooms fill up with guys thinking that they are getting a good deal but because the rooms fill up privacy goes out the window and mileage goes with it.

Instead I negotiate a 2 for 1 any time of the day or night. Some times the dancers balk at the price so I just pass but overall it has worked at my favorite clubs there for the last 15 years.
  • Dolfan
    10 years ago
    Some of the divier clubs seem to. For example, Porthole Pub in Pompano does a real 2 for $25 deal and I'm pretty sure they don't cut the songs any shorter than normal. Flashdance in West Palm does a 3 for 30 and I don't think they normally cut songs. I guess some other clubs aren't too bad either, Scarlett's 2 for $35 I don't seem to recall being materially shortened. Tootsies 2-4-1's aren't any shorter than regular price dances, but I think thats more a function of their normal MO being to cut songs around 2 mins to begin with. By the same token, the 3 for $45 at The Rhino is cut enough that its less than 2 normal songs. All three South Florida Cheetahs cut their special song lengths considerably, but now that I'm thinking about it I'm not sure they still even do them.

IMO, its annoying when its such a gross violation but its not a dealbreaker when its within reason. I usually get more upset about the way they describe the special, for example the DJ at Rhino always says its a "3-4-1" but its 3 for $45 while 1 is $25. Its closer to a buy 2 get 1 free than buy 1 get 2 free. That's a bigger misrepresentation.
  • bang69
    10 years ago
    I agree with shadow. Also it hurts the strippers $$$$
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    At my local haunt, they don't have 2-4-1's or 3-4-1's. But let's be honest. Nobody goes there for 2-4-1's.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    No, they aren't.

Paper Moon is my favorite local club and they offer these all the time. They announce it and then all the dancers circulate the club and ask for dances.

They advertise this as a "special" but the songs are purposely shorter. What makes it worse is you can't buy one song at a time and the only other option is table dances, which at this club, are air dances. You'd be better of flushing your loot down the toilet than buying a table dance at this club.

So you either have to buy a 2 for 1 which is fifty bones, or buy a block of time- like 10 minutes for $100, 15 minutes for $150 and so on.

It sucks big time because you can't give a dancer a"trial run" with how they have the lap dances set up

Virginia clubs are a mother-fucker man. :-(

• goonster
    10 years ago
    Wow. In Phx, the 2-4-1 deals are not bad, especially considering that at $10, you're getting two dances at $5 each. The songs aren't full length, but the total time combined is about a minute longer than 1 full length song.
  • alabegonz
    10 years ago
    Yeah, it's a good deal to me.

However, the places I go often they don't have it. Dang!
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    @GoViking - You need to make the trek up I-95 to NoVA and try the $20 2-way contact lap dances at 1320 club :)
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I do the same thing as Shadowcat. Skip announced two for ones that are cut short, get them at other times.
  • rl27
    10 years ago
    Depends on the club and the dancer. I found that at most clubs the 2-4-1 songs are shorter, but the combined time for both songs is still longer than a single song, and usually are about 1 1/2 or 1 2/3 song length. Once where the time is less I skip.

A good dancer will start dancing while the dancers are out making their rounds for dances, and if you are getting dances next, will dance during the filler dance before the next stage dance starts. I usually end up getting about 2 3/4 songs time, when I am currently in the back with a dancer right when 2-4-1 is called.
  • VeryBigDawg
    10 years ago
    Papi with the stop watch at SC! Gotta luv it.

Papi you bring up good point, that the 2for1 are shorter songs and we get screwed. I have not done this in awhile, but have gotten 3 for 2.5. A little explanation as the dances are $10 in Atlanta, so get 3 dances of normal songs for $25. Papi you got me thinking and will try it again to see if it still works.

There is one club in Atlanta (Mardi Gras) that routinely runs 2for1. The girls hate it as they end up with only $10 for 2 songs. If the girl is half way decent will get a 3rd dance, thus making it 3 songs for $20.

• lopaw
    10 years ago
    Now that I think of it Papi, no - I don't recall ever enjoying a 2fer1 where the songs weren't cut.
    I generally use 2fer1's as test drives for dancers that are new to me, and if they pass muster then I take them for VIP.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Papi,

You take the time to time them? That makes them even shorter! :)

I've never seen a 2'fer at Showgirls. Perhaps they just don't do them in the afternoon.
  • kingcripple
    10 years ago
    the club i go to doesnt seem to do them anymore. which is sad. to me they are more profitable to the club. If you advertise 2 for 1 days then you get more custies coming in which means more food and drink sales, plus there are the dances. specials like this help the club.

Anyway, it may differ from club to club but the club I go to doesn't cut songs, I studied music business in college so I am familiar with many of the songs that are played and can attest to that, on top of that if someone comes to tip as a song is ending, the DJ is often nice enough to rewind the song a bit.

The bad: i usually get off 3/4 through the first song, so theres less excitement in the 2nd. also I have been ripped off at least once by a girl during 2 for 1 dances. i only wanted one and she told me i had to pay the full 20 because even though its 2 for 1 the strippers are independent contractors and can decide for themselves if they wanna do full charge for one during a 2fer.

All in all i like 2fers but there are downsides
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    A local club does 2/45 every day and the songs are the same length as the $30 versions. Add in extras at no extra charge and its a great deal.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Another reason to avoid 2-4-1. Some girls give less contact in these discount dances. I usually don't mind just paying regular prices because I find that gets me better service. However if the regular dances are $30 or more each, then I sometimes follow shadow's suggestion of negotiating your own 2-4-1. Sometimes the girls have to get management approval to do non advertised 2-4-1s because the club takes a smaller percentages of discounted dances, but that approval is usually not a problem unless it's a busy night.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I don’t necessarily time the songs while I’m getting them LOL – I time them when I’m sitting around the club in b/w dances.

I started timing songs b/c the DJs in the black dives I visit down here in Miami treat the SC as if it was a dance club or a block party – they mix in songs at any time even 30 seconds into a song and songs are all over the place in length (it’s not even consistent)– being a serial LD getter; this def affects my bang for the buck.

Seeing that this was an issue at some clubs; I then started the habit of timing songs at different clubs and was surprised they were shorter than I expected/anticipated – they may not have felt short; but once I timed them I realized some clubs were playing songs at b/w 2:45 and 3:00 mins max for the regular songs – that’s too short in my professional PL opinion.
  • canigetlaid
    10 years ago
    I get advertised 2-4-1 sometimes. I know the songs are cut short but i just use it as a tester for someone i'm not familiar with. I decided to stay with a few after the 2-4-1ers and the rates i was get for additional dances seem either regular or lower then the normal charges for dances.
  • AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    Everyplace does it differently, so it's hard to paint with a broad brush.

Interesting twist at one Chicago club that would do an occasional 2-for-1's: It'd be 2-for-1, and it'd be full songs, but they'd play crappy songs. Most of the night, usual dance-pop-rock-rap stuff, but then when they did the 2-for-1, they'd play something goofy, like "Don't Worry, Be Happy" followed by "Mambo #5". It was an interesting strategy, probably based on the idea that you'd be disappointed after the first two songs, so you'd probably buy a third to get a "real" dance from the girl.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion