tuscl

LAX

What are there any good clubs within cab distance of LAX. I am going to be stuck there during a layover at the end of the month. I know COI is the best place to go but may not want to rent a car and drive the hour.

9 comments

• SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    You're in Lopaw Territory. The only clubs sorta close that I've been to are in Gardena. Those 3 clubs are big booty Black beauty clubs. PC would like them.
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    Yes you are in Lopaw territory. I'd advise an inquiry to her and get her recommendations.
    My recommendation would be Bare Elegance. Expensive as hell but can be worth it.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    TT, Bare Elegance was discussed just yesterday. See:

https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=2…

COI might not be that bad of a drive. Per MapQuest, its 34 miles from the L.A. airport (using the address, 1 World Way) to the furthest club in COI. But, even midday, L.A. traffic can be hideous. If you have an evening to go clubbing while there, COI and renting a car would be worthwhile.
  • minnow
    10 years ago
    Tt- What do you consider cab distance to be ? In minutes ? In miles ? If you go by 10 or 10, you're pretty much restricting yourself to 3 clubs. (Bare, Jet Strip, and Exotic City). My personal preferences would be in that order, though I don't know squat about "EC". If you want to venture slightly outside 10 mile radius, Silver Reign and Skin to the North (I think both might have same ownership- Silver Reign is almost COI like- high mileage, high hustle,high cash burn, though YMMV definitely applies there) or Spearmint Rhino-Torrance to South, if you have the Jones for an alcohol serving topless club. I'm guessing Tt is staying at a Century Blvd. hotel, which can have high parking fees, even for hotel guests.
  • PredragDr
    10 years ago
    Unless you want a high cab bill and have a ridiculously long layover, stick with Bare Elegance or maybe Jet Strip.

Here's a logistical tip. Cabs from the airport are generally more expensive, so take one of the complimentary hotel shuttles to a hotel closer to the club. These clubs are dry, so you might want to get some drinks in at the hotel bar. Then take a cab from the hotel to the club.
  • Dain
    10 years ago
    King Henry VIII on Crenshaw Avenue is FS, Starz on Rosecrans is some FS. Both are mostly AA dancers and as good as COI clubs.. Starz opens at $ PM, KH at 11 AM. Jetstrip on Hawthorne Blvd is LM to MM. Don't waste your money on Bare Elegance and its eye-candy.
  • Tiredtraveler
    10 years ago
    Thanks gentlemen I may just rent a car and do a tour if I see traffic is not to onerous since I will may be there a day or two between. That is one of the things I do not like about LA is the traffic.
    It'll "drive-me-ta-drinkin drivin that hot rod lincoln".
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    Bare Elegance is gonna be well out of your price range. Better stick to the dives more inland. And then go home.
  • gatorfan
    10 years ago
    I don't know LAX
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion