tuscl

Almost 30, strip club virgin

Yep, the sad truth is that I'm almost 30 and I've never been to a strip club. Luckily, Houston has plenty to explore.

Any other dudes start out late like me? If so, any valuable advice?

25 comments

• goonster
    10 years ago
    Yeah.

1. You're not there to get a wife or girlfriend.
    2. It's generally a bad idea to get involved with the ladies.
    3. You go to have fun.
    4. You go to spend money.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Jonhand!That's funny.I jumped in head first when I turned 18.Dated nothing but bartenders,free drinks and gateways to strippers.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    + know what you are doing and how much everything is supposed to cost (dances should be b/w $20 and $25 – read the reviews of the club prior to going so you have a better idea/feel for the place)
    + don’t jump at the 1st dancer that asks you for a dance or anything else – observe the scene first and see what others are doing
    + make sure you know/can-tell when a song ends and another one begins – often times it is hard to tell and some newbies will let a dancer keep on dancing and be surprised they owe the dancer over $100 when it’s all said and done (I often ask a dancer prior to her starting to dance for me to let me know whenever she is going to start a new song – that way I can keep track and she knows I’m keeping track so she won’t/can’t over-count me
    + don’t let a dancer start dancing in the middle of a song and charge you for it – ask her to wait until the start of a new song
    + use the ATM b/f hitting the club – club ATM fees can be a min of $6/xsaction and often times more
    + NEVER use/give your credit card in a SC
    + always tip you waitress a buck or 2 when she gets you your drink
    + some dancers will ask for a tip after a dance – lap-dances are expensive enough so don’t feel obliged to tip the dancers extra
    + if you are sitting at the rail/stage-side; tip the dancer(s) on stage
    + don’t get pressured into doing VIP until you get a handle on how the game is played – you can easily get ripped for major $$$ if you don’t know what you are doing
    + you’re in Houston – be careful with Treasures – the dancers there are sharks and even experienced PLs (see TUSCL glossary) can sometimes get majorly ripped there (St James would be a pretty good place to get your virgin feet wet)
    + just go an chill and don’t try to do too much until you get a feel for the game b/c you can get majorly ripped if you don’t know what you are doing
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    + tip the girl at the door that takes your cover charge a buck or 2
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    + many dancers are extremely skilled at making you think they really like you and that you are different – this may be true 1% of the time or less – i.e. don’t believe it; it’s SS (see TUSCL glossary) – it’s all business for them and it’s about your $$$; not you
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    As a late starter myself I think Papi gave excellent advice.
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    Jon, you and some of the trolls around here seem have a lot in common. ;)
  • alabegonz
    10 years ago
    Don't go in there thinking you will find a good wife.

Sure, you'll find some hot ladies in there, but I'm pretty sure they have something in that hotness that will ruin your life, unless your life is already sketchy, then go right ahead and aim for a happy married life.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    If you are going lone wolf style; maybe better to sit at the bar and scope out the scene – if you sit at a table by yourself you may get dancer after dancer (depending on the club) coming to your table to try and get at your wallet
  • jonhand
    10 years ago
    Thanks P_C & the rest. All good advice so far
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    I concur with Joker. That's an excellent summary Papi provided of advice for newcomers. Even us experienced customers need to be reminded of some of those things occasionally. Generally, let your big head make the decisions that night, not your little head.

To answer your original question, I didn't start out with conventional strip clubs until I was about 42, but that's only because they didn't exist in my area until then. The predecessor form of entertainment was topless bars. All you could do is have a beer and tip dancers (three per shift, max.) on stage. There were no laps dances then.
  • jonhand
    10 years ago
    Yeah, I don't know why I've waited this long. Glad I stumbled across tuscl though, it'll give me a good start.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Be sure to read RickyBoy's "The System". Will save you from having to spend 10 years on your trying to figure out how to pay hookers for sex.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Never pay a dancer for services in advance.
    Don't believe anything a stripper tells you.

Remember that strippers are lying, thieving whores. I say that with all due respect.

• chandler
    10 years ago
    What would be sad is going to strip clubs before you're 30, unless it's just to get rowdy with your friends and not spend anything. While you're still young, you should be out banging civilian chicks and raising hell.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Wasn't RickyBoy just getting started on the 10 years that would lead him to the genus invention of The System when he was in his late 20s? (After his failures in the corporate world and attempting to marry into money.)
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    Rule #1. Don't fall in love with a stripper
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Rule #2

Don’t forget rule #1
  • chandler
    10 years ago
    My advice is to skip studying up on what strip club vets say to do until after you've experienced a lot of the good and the bad on your own. Diving in and discovering it all without any preconceptions is a strange adventure you can only go through once.
  • alabegonz
    10 years ago
    "Yeah, I don't know why I've waited this long"

Almost 30? I think you're supposed to be out there hunting for chicks around your neighborhood.

To be fair, I started back 2010 when my old (High School and College) friend moved from the east coast (Boston) to the west coast (Portland). I didn't know he goes to SCs and has a SC lifestyle. By association, I was forced to go along and do all the chit-chat inside the SC.

Learned a few but suffered a lot from these super beautiful dancers while I was having a good time with my friend. Gained a ton experience dealing with dancers and waitresses. They can smell a newb from a classy pro, and I was a naive newb that time.

You can say, I'm a bit late in the SC game, and that's fine.

One thing I learned from it, or the take away is simply just let them go when the day/night is over. Just flush your memories into the pit where the stink comes from. It'll do you good.

And if someone says to you "Let's go out tonight after my shift." Don't even think about turning her into a GF, that'll ruin your classy life--for sure. She'll unload all that shit on you and you will find yourself miserable in the end of it.

So beware, bro. Don't look for a GF. Just do the fuck-n-forget thing. She'll stick around, but you should keep her away from your mind, simply forget her.

• sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Remember some dancers can lie and con you and make you feel special, all in an effort to keep you spending money on her. They may be super skilled in conning newbie guys like a las Vegas card shark. You may occassionally run into some newbie dancers too. Remember everyone working in a strip club is there to make money. They didn't show up just to party if they work there even though a few dancers might want to do both. If in doubt, ask a dancer what her rules are.
  • sflguy123
    10 years ago
    If it's really our first time I would just sit at the bar and observe the first few times. I prefer less busy times, during the day and not weekend nights.

Check out different clubs in your area, assuming you have a selection to choose from. You will find some clubs appeal to you more than others.

Just like some people like one type of gym and others like another type.

But don't wear jeans if you plan on getting lap dances. Very uncomfortable for you and her.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Shave, shit, and shower before hand.

Make sure you leave the club before 2 am.

Go commando in slacks, sweats or gym shorts.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    To echo what some others said:

You should be too busy in your 30's to have time to go to strip clubs - instead you should be busy finding a nice, cute girl to settle down with and start a family and kicking your career into high gear.

Besides, do you really want to end up like the guys here :)
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Take condoms. You never know.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion