tuscl

Delaware 2PMer. Thats right 2PMer.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
A 29-year-old man was shot Tuesday afternoon outside a strip club just south of Wilmington city limits, state police said.

The victim was taken by ambulance about 4:30 p.m. from the Gold Club Restaurant and Exotic Entertainment in the 1000 block of S. Market St. to an undisclosed hospital, Sgt. Paul G. Shavack said.

The man, whose hometown was not released, was hit by one bullet in a lower extremity, an injury that is not life-threatening, Shavack said.

About two hours after the shooting, the victim had not yet been interviewed by investigators, he said. Nor do police know whether he was a patron of the club, an employee or a passerby walking through the parking lot.

Based on preliminary investigation, he said, the unidentified man was on foot in the parking lot when he was approached by a dark-colored car with four men inside.

One of the car's occupants produced an unknown type of handgun and fired at the victim, he said. The car then drove off, headed north on South Market Street (U.S. 13) toward Wilmington, Shavack said.

The car was described as a dark green 1990s Pontiac Grand Am.

No descriptions of the shooter and the car's other occupants were available.

"The motive for the shooting is not known at this time," Shavack said.

IMG_8499.jpg
Investigators survey the scene of a shooting Tuesday afternoon at The Gold Club.(Photo: SUCHAT PEDERSON/THE NEWS JOURNAL)

Detectives – who chalk-circled a single shell casing found near the middle of the parking lot – are continuing to search for evidence at the scene and are reviewing the club's surveillance video, he said.

Several employees who stood outside the club as state police cordoned off the parking lot with yellow plastic tape said they were inside when the shooting occurred and did not see or hear what happened.

The sound of gunfire woke Daquan Wesley, 46, who had been sleeping in his room at the adjoining Fairview Inn.

"I thought it was a [vehicle] backfire or kids playing or something," Wesley said.

Moments later, he said, "I started hearing the sirens, and that's when I knew it was a real shooting."

Wesley, who previously lived in Los Angeles, said he heard three shots, adding the gunfire "sounded like a drive-by.

"It was like POW-POW-POW in succession," he said. "It wasn't like a back-and-forth kind of thing."

Shavack said police have not determined how many shots were fired, as they continue to seek witnesses.

5 comments

• deogol
    10 years ago
    Muslim terrorists scaring the customers away from a sin palace. (Or forcing the sin palace to purchase some young girls they just kidnapped and are selling as slaves aka Nigeria.)
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    What did Delaware?

Her New Jersey.

• ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    I don't know what she wore, but Alaska.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Ha! In LA, guns go KA-POW-WOW! How little he knows.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    What's happening to this country when a man sn't safe in a strip club in the middle of the afternoon?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion