tuscl

Retirement and SCing ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Monday, May 5, 2014 2:51 PM
Being a hobbyist; once I retire I hope to not only still be able to SC somewhat (financially speaking); but also live in an area w/ good SCs. For the fellow PLs – would good SCs be a variable when it comes to where you may/would-like-to settle down for retirement? For me personally it would be a bit easier decision b/c being a lifelong bachelor I would not have a wife nor kids to consider when it comes to where I would live/retire – so for my PL self I would def want to retire in an area with good SCs. Below is an article/chart which ranks the best places to retire (per the article's analysis) – skimming over the chart; it looks like the best places to retire are not areas with good SCs: (the chart is in alphabetical order instead of best to worst – the lower the # in the “Overall Score” column indicates a better place to retire – the score is from 1 to 50 since the ranking is in a per state basis): [view link]

22 comments

• motorhead
    10 years ago
    The fastest growing age demographic in the US is the over 90 group. But that raises some questions. Would you want to still club at 90? CAN you still club at 90? Are any TUSCLers over 90?
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Papi, Something is terribly wrong with these results when Michigan is rated higher than both Florida and Hawaii.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Proximity of strip clubs should not play a part of where you retire. Economics and quality of life should come first. Just like in your working years, you can always travel to where the best strip clubs are. And that may change several times during your retirement.
  • sinclair
    10 years ago
    An area can go from ripe to rotten in a couple years. In the mid-2000's, Memphis SC's were basically brothels. (Remember the "purple palace"?) As of a few years ago, Memphis is bikini only clubs. Retire where it is affordable, government leaves you alone, and where hospitals are good. Take vacations to good SC cities as needed.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    “… Something is terribly wrong with these results when Michigan is rated higher than both Florida and Hawaii …” Florida is overrated and Hawaii is freaking over-expensive
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    :”… Proximity of strip clubs should not play a part of where you retire. Economics and quality of life should come first …” For me personally – SCing is an important part of my personal quality of life – but that says something about me though LOL. Miami – where I currently live – does not have good qualify of life per many measures; IMO – but with all it’s faults; I love living here and love having access to ~60 SCs in the So FL region. Being that I like to SC on a regular basis and when the mood strikes me –I don’t think I’d be content w/ holding out `till I could take some trips.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I've taken many of those on-line "where should I live" surveys and in my opinion, they never give enough weight to weather. This past winter was brutal. Simply brutal. One of the worst 2 or 3 in my lifetime. When you are snowbound for 3 straight days or can't start your car when it's 20 below, it doesn't matter how many museums, sporting events, or cultural opportunities there are.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I've taken many of those on-line "where should I live" surveys and in my opinion, they never give enough weight to weather. This past winter was brutal. Simply brutal. One of the worst 2 or 3 in my lifetime. When you are snowbound for 3 straight days or can't start your car when it's 20 below, it doesn't matter how many museums, sporting events, or cultural opportunities there are.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Although I've been saving and investing for my retirement, at 38, it's still awhile away. With two disabled parents and 11 nieces and nephews that I help out with, moving away from my family is out of the question. Now, 20-30 years from now, who knows. There are two things I do need-mountains and the beach. I've been around the states and the only state without these that I'd consider moving to is Kentucky. I love that state.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    With the possible exception of Virginia, I wouldn't want to live in any of the top 15.
  • minnow
    10 years ago
    I'd give it some consideration, but not let it be the main driver. One needs to look at regular "QOL" factors like quality of neighborhoods, availability of quality medical care, favorite recreational activities, kind of residence $$ will buy, tax structure, and agreeable weather. Detroit may have great stripclubs, but I have no desire to endure Detroit winters. COI may have great clubs, but if I must live in a SoCal bungalow or trailer park in the price range of a good condo or house elsewhere, count me out.
  • Empire
    10 years ago
    Yes, I would take the strip clubs close by into consideration. Thats one of the main things I like to do, so to not atleast consider it would be silly. Assumeing I still like the clubs alot at that time
  • dallas702
    10 years ago
    Papi, a move across the state to the Tampa/St Pete area might cure your "quality of life" issues without giving up the clubs or the FL no state tax and several breaks for seniors. Other "values" should play a big role in where you choose to retire. If the cost of living is low you will have more money to play with - low enough and you can afford road trips with SC adventures in mind. If you really want the "dream life" with lots of hot women, good club scene and a party life - consider the Dominican Republic. Great strip clubs, with (legal, management approved) take out, chicas on the beach, at civi clubs, at the local diner and all of them smiling and beautiful. The great thing about DR is that the US dollar goes a very long way. As Shadowcat said economics and quality of life should come first. Look for your version of great places to live, pick the most reasonable for your budget - then check out the SCs!
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    For me, retirement was total misery and boredom. The 2+ years of retirement after the sale of my first company were the most tortured years of my life since the pain of high school. I am one of the few people for whom work is stimulation, delight, and (mostly) pure pleasure. I am now not quite the workaholic that I was during my first go-round in the oil patch. If anything, I enjoy work even more now that I am in my mid-60s. Perhaps the SC hobby has been the reason for this?
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    I'm retired and living in Mass. - not renowned for anything but air dances. However I live 30 minutes from a club where last night I enjoyed BBBJ & BBFS.. After that I had a couple of lap dances from a gorgeous dancer who promised me the same the next time I'm at the club.. They're not inexpensive but neither is living in the Northeast. I've spent a lot of my retirement in SC but while there's a ton of sc's I've been stood up for OTC several times, feel surrounded by sales clerks who don't know how to make change, and am uncomfortable with aspects of the society. I'm not talking race , but am talking stupidity. One man's paradise is another's nightmare.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Sometimes you can't tell if someone is really stupid, or on drugs, or didn't have any sleep and is just acting really stupid. I try to avoid places with very poor service. If I ever retire,I hope some computer games are still working because I've never had the time to play several. I have no idea if I'm going to still be interested in visiting strip clubs when I retire. I might just put on a virtual reality immersion field and watch topless girls via overhead drones on topless beaches.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I'd like it if someone would invent teleportation portals. I get tired of driving everywhere. Of course converting all your matter in your body into energy and remembering the exact pattern and reconfiguring it at your destination would require enormous computational power and energy. That probably won't happen in my lifetime.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    I'm with fa on this one, "...years of retirement...were the most tortured years of my life...". I was out of commission for almost 4 years. I sure don't work hard and it allows me the time to club. That is why most of my club visits are afternoons before I head home.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I once played a computer game where I could open up a portal to wherever I wanted to go. I was thinking that would be really nice in real life. I could get rid of my car and just go wherever I wanted in an instant. Clubs probably wouldn't like it if you just popped in without paying.
  • Lone_Wolf
    10 years ago
    "Retirement and SCing" Oxymoron
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "Retirement and SCing." Oxymoron Ah, no. "Working retirement" would be an oxymoron. Perhaps you're implying that the two are mutually exclusive?
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Strip club quality is one factor I would consider in looking for a place to retire. When I bought my current home, I only wanted to see places within 10 miles of my favorite strip club. My (female) realtor did not understand why I kept rejecting some properties out of hand.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion