tuscl

Strip club burnout

DandyDan
North Iowa
Monday, August 22, 2005 1:38 AM
I just wonder if I am burning out on strip clubs as entertainment. I went to my favorite club the other night and while my ATF was there and great as always, whenever she wasn't with me, my experience, in short, sucked. The other dancers just didn't appeal to me at all. I have 3 other clubs I tend to visit regularly and none of them really have any appeal to me at this time. One just seems overcrowded everytime I go, and I can never get a dance with the girl I want, and the girl who used to be my favorite there quit. One has a couple sort-of favorites, but I swear that one is really just a ripoff bitch and the other seems bored the majority of the time, which makes her a typical dancer for this club. The third club has appealing ladies, but none I would ever see, at least since my old favorites departed from there for good. Other clubs I wouldn't mind going to are at least 3 hours away. Am I getting too old for this or what?

8 comments

• FONDL
    19 years ago
    Tropical, I think a lot of dancers are like that. It's like they are running their own business within a business and ignoring what is going on around them. That's pretty much how I like to operate, find a girl who I really like and who seems to enjoy spending time with me, and go off in a corner in our own little world. I make an appointment to see her and when I go to the club that's all I do is spend time with her. But it's sometimes hard to keep that going for very long, sooner or later "issues" come up and ruin it. My most recent fav kept asking me to meet her OTC but everytime I tried to set it up she avoided me. That's the kind of stuff that causes burnout and leads customers like me to seek other forms of entertainment. I think the whole SC industry is in a state of decline - they're losing out to other forms of adult entertainment.
  • tropicalH2O
    19 years ago
    I started dancing in 1999 and it seemed to be much better, carefree and fun then. I work at a couple of clubs in San Diego and feel the 'burn out' described here. Before 9/11 and the war, there were a lot of men who came into the club. After 9/11, there were less customers and those who came in seemed to be more serious and think twice about getting dances. With the economy doing poorly since the war began, the girls have become extremely, 'cut throat' and angry. If you find a dancer that you like spending time with, the whole world seems to melt away and it's just you and her in your own little cacoon, enjoying one another's company. When the girls are rip off artists or coarse, it ruins the experience. If you feel a sense of burn out, it's good to take a break from the club scene and return, when you are ready. The summer season in the club is weird in southern California, because there are less customers coming in and the girls seem to pounce on everyone who walks in the door. Perhaps the sense of burnout will fade as school begins in a couple of weeks. I prefer to work just a couple of days a week and set up meeting times in the club with men who's company I enjoy. While spending time with someone special, I feel like the experience is my fantasy, as well as the man's. -T
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Shadowcat, if I could regularly attend a club like yours, I'd be happy too. But it seems like fun clubs are a lot harder to find than they used to be. And I don't think you're ever going to be too old. You may need a hearing aid, false teeth and a wheelchair but you'll still be there. I agree with AN, the level of professionalism has gone down. I don't think many of today's dancers are as willing to work at being in shape and treating their customers well as used to be the case. There are too many girls dancing who shouldn't be, and nobody but the customer seems to care. I can't think of a less customer-oriented business than the typical strip club.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Over the past decade I think I've noticed a general downward trend in the clubs. They all have their cycles of up and down, but overall I've noticed a few things that point to a downward trend. The dancers don't seem to care as much about looking good. Of course they look good, but I remember girls used to work harder on costumes and having some moves on the stage. In addition I notice a lot more out of shape dancers than I used to. There were always some different sizes, I'm talking about some new girls who need to tighten things up a bit. Then there is the whole issue of tatoos and piercings. I don't know many guys who find that attractive, yet they are so much more common than they used to be. It's almost as if the dancers are unaware or don't care about looking good anymore. Also there are a lot of girls who don't strip. They wear a tube top, and mini skirt, get on stage and pull up the skirt, pull down the top, and pose for the tippers. They aren't even pretending to dance. When I started going almost all the girls were able to do splits and pole tricks. Now a lot can't even do the most minimal things like a simple split. For a "dancer" to not even be flexible enough to straighten her knee in a front split is absurd. A lot don't know how to have a conversation any more. When I first started to clubs I was shocked that almost all the girls were great conversationalists. After thinking about it, it made sense. I don't find that to be true anymore. I also find that there are a lot of very young dancers. I may be wrong, but it seemed to me when I started going the aerage age for dancers was probably 24ish. I rarely met a dancer too young to drink. It now seems like the average age is very close to 21, and dancers under 21 are a lot more common. I could be wrong, it could just be local, but I do go to other clubs as I travel. Often the other clubs tend to confirm my general view. It just seems to me that the "professionalism" is gone from the dancers.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    It's a blast when strip clubs are fun. I seem to spend more money when I'm having fun. A number of hot young sexy and friendly dancers keep things interesting for me.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    The lack of style, grace or glamour has diminished the fun of SC's. Now, it's just "Do you wanna dance?" from someone who is not fun and not all that pretty. Owners figure we'll pay to look at anything so that's what they put on stage. Silent money backers often get dancer jobs for friends in clubs they control--not necessarily nice girls. That's why many have the attitudes they display towards customers. They know that they can't be fired. So customers get bored.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    DD, my feelings are very similar to yours. I don't know if clubs have changed or if I have, but going to clubs doesn't seem to be as much fun for me as it used to be. Both the clubs and a lot of the girls seem greedier than they used to be. Nobody laughs in clubs anymore, it's beccome too businesslike. As a result I usually try to find a girl I like and just stick with her, and ignore everything else that's going on. But it seems like it's getting harder and harder to find a girl who I really like. I don't go very often anymore.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    I don't know all the details of your situation but you might have caught FONDLities: Getting too hung up on one stripper, not admitting to yourself that you do desire a normal (FREE) relationship with her, being too scared to ask her to start the said relationship for fear of rejection, continuing to spend money on her while you remain uncertain hence decreasing your chance of getting the said relationship. I think it's pretty normal to get bored of the strip club culture. As you say most strippers and the culture itself becomes less and less appealing the more involved you get. There are, however, a few girls who you will meet who are real gems. The key is take it OTC with them before you end up spending too much money on them, looking like a PL/RIL and ruining your chances of anything happening OTC. I think part of the key her is just to admit that if you meet a girl who real does appeal to you in the future that is ok that you met her in a strip club and hence to "ask her out" very early on before money becomes a factor. Many strippers and posters here will try and tell you that is wrong for some reason but don't listen to them.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion