tuscl

Take It Off!

Thursday, March 20, 2014 2:31 PM
"Take it off, take it off," cries a voice from the rear "Take it off, take it off," why that's all that you hear But she's always a lady, even in pantomime, So she stops....but always just in time! ---Johnnie Mercer It has been at least a half century since I heard an appreciative patron yell "Take it Off" to the performing artiste. And even that was some wild and wooly place like the Baltimore burlesque show. Do people even say "Take it off" any more, or has the country become too blase and sophisticated for such rants?

3 comments

• SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Yes We Do.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    So there's this group of middle aged couples at a club for some reason, they're drinking, getting rowdy and eventually a couple of the wives end up on the stage trying to dance. People started yelling "take it off, take it off," finally one does...suddenly people are averting their eyes, spitting out their drinks, heading for the exits and yelling "put it back on, put it back on"
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    I visited a couple of clubs in Boston's old Scolley Square with a fake ID almost 50 years ago. Busty Russell with her nifty 50's was the feature entertainer. The crowd yelled "take it off". I don't think I've heard it since. I took a date to the old FEI club in Cental Falls or Valley Falls, RI and saw Busty near the end of her illustrious career. I almost yelled "put it on! Put it on".
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion