tuscl

Survivors

If I had to describe my ATF in one word, I'd say she is a survivor. She has been largely on her own for most of her life. She was exposed to things at a very young age that I can't even imagine. And no matter what anyone threw at her she figured out a way to survive. She did what had to be done. She still does.

I think a lot of strippers are like that. And I think it explains some of the stripper behavior that we often find puzzling. They do what they think has to be done, and they don't give it much thought. They do what they perceive to be in their best interests, even if it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to anyone else. They've learned to trust their instincts and nobody else. They have a very different frame of reference than do many of us. I think that often makes them every interesting people. And sometimes difficult to deal with or understand.

1 comment

• Foxxy
    19 years ago
    unfortunately a lot of strippers are like that. many came from bad families, were abandoned, abused, treated like shit, dropped out of school, got into drugs at an early age, etc. for a lot of girls, that's why they become strippers... because they can't really do much else. i've worked with a lot of girls who have had lives so incredibly tough i can't even begin to imagine it. one girl was raped and abused as a kid, and has scars on her back from where her stepfather stabbed her, but she is one of the most beautiful, strong-hearted girls i have ever met, and i have so much respect for someone who can go through something like that and come out on top. just like your ATF, she's a true survivor.

it's important to remember that not every stripper has a sad life story though. strippers come from all walks of life, all backgrounds. i'm lucky, i had it very easy, and i was never exposed to anyone who didn't. stripping has definitely made me open my eyes to and appreciate people who didn't!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion