tuscl

"San Diego police raid strip club, photograph strippers"

knight_errant
New Jersey
Didn't see this being discussed earlier. Last Thursday night at Cheetahs in SD. 10 officers swarmed the building with guns and bulletproof vests to check dancers' licenses. Sounds like a reasonable allocation of resources...

http://www.10news.com/news/questions-rai… (w/video)
(also made the Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-w… )

SAN DIEGO - A manager at Cheetahs strip club says his dancers felt violated by police who photographed them almost nude.

The mood at the strip club in Kearny Mesa quickly turned intense Thursday night when 10 officers swarmed the building with guns and bulletproof vests, interrupting business for a couple of hours.

"I didn't know if it was a bank robbery or serial killer on the loose the way they had come in like that," said manager Rich Buonantony.

The detectives showed up to make sure all 30 dancers had proper permits and were in compliance. Surveillance video shows the women lined up and officers taking down their information.

"They asked us for our licenses and then took down our Social Security and had us line up in the back of the dressing rooms and take pictures," said stripper Katelynn Delorie.

Delorie is a hairdresser by day and a stripper at night. She has a lot of tattoos and says that made things even worse.

"They made me feel like I was a gang member pretty much and they wanted to document every single one of my tattoos," said Delorie.

Buonantony says he is happy to work with police but hopes they are more subtle about it next time and respect the dancers.

"It's just the show of force, show of power was incredible," he said. "We are good citizens. We want to be a part of the community."

Buonantony says there have been no problems in the last 12 years under their current ownership and that a similar raid happened once before.

San Diego police Lt. Kevin Mayer released the following statement to 10News:

"One of the many responsibilities of the San Diego Police Department's Vice Unit is to conduct random inspections of strip clubs to ensure dancers are complying with the law and that they have an entertainers permit. In most cases, Vice Unit detectives do not require or request clubs to shut down. Photographs of the entertainers permit and the person in possession of it are taken for investigative purposes."

Also:

15 comments

• dutchman2000
    11 years ago
    Sounds like somebody's envelope wasnt heavy enough this month!
  • TampaBz
    11 years ago
    How weak is this? Already 6 ft rule rated PG and they get raided in full gear. San Diego strip clubs suck.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Why risk your life fighting crime when you can do this? I love your verbiage.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Knight-Thanks for the intel even if it gives me an upset stomach. I don't hate cops but I hate Cop politics.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    Actually Cheetahs is a great high milage club. They also have had five firemen come in to inspect three fire extinguishers. lol
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    I don't remember them raiding beauty parlors or auto repair places or other industries. Well, they do raid organic stores, so there is that.

Government was made as a third party for person to person conflicts over money, love, etc. Now days, it is becoming more and more government v citizen.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Cops with guns and bulletproof vests are needed to check dancer licenses? It's good to know that all the murders and other serious crimes in San Diego have been solved and so cops can focus on strippers.
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    Progressives make the religious right preferable.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Skibum-Where did that come from? San Diego County is a Conservative-Republican county.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I often wonder if it’s something else behind the scenes – I often think that the cops would rather not have to deal w/ this crap but are forced to either from pressure by politicians or when a citizen(s) complains – o/w they would not bother?

In places where dancer licenses are required; I could see the local governments doing raids periodically for the main purpose of getting their $$$.
  • steve229
    11 years ago
    @mikey - sounds like the poor girls were traumatized. You should get over there and comfort them!
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Krispy Creme must have ran out of donuts
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    ^ LOL
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    If they took pictures of naked strippers, I want to see some tits. Maybe they plan to sell the pics to cover the cost of the raid. I'm not willing to pay anything though. Hmm, they probably have an interesting tatoo file now.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Dam dirty pigs
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion