tuscl

OT: New FDA labeling requirements

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Last week, the FDA introduced a proposal to change food labels. The new nutritional information is designed to prevent obesity.

Yup, that works for me. It was the poor labeling that made me fat. Not the 4 Burrito Supremes from Taco Bell I ate last night.

Party on Garth.

10 comments

• Clubber
    11 years ago
    motor,

"governemnt" at it's best!

There are laws, regulations, and information to control everything we do, yet we all break or ignore many of them daily. A free people don't take kindly to being told what to do.

I believe morality trumps law and regulation every time. Almost daily I see someone that needs a good ass kickin', but it isn't a law that prevents me from "helping" them out. It's morality.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    ^^^ so true
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    How about the FDA just stay out of our food. They've fucked up the food pyramid and requirements before and will fuck up again.

Maybe if the corn and soy lobbies didn't get so much funding, we wouldn't have to worry about this shit. We have more soy and high fructose corn syrup in our food than ever before. The government is fucking us both ways-They fund the farming of this shit then they want to warn us or keep us from eating/drinking it. What the fuck?
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    SS,

Sort of like tobacco. The try their damnedest to get everyone to quit smoking, then scream bloody murder that they are loosing all the tax revenues. Just plain and simple, STUPID!
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Yup. I once heard(don't know if it's true) that the tobacco lobbyists and the anti-tobacco lobbyists are in the same building in DC.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Gee! It's not a ban. It's labeling. It gives you information so you can make an informed decision.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    jack,

True enough, but then, we're just taking cigarette ads off of TV...

Same story, incrementalism.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Ban politicians
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    crazyjoe is talking about a revolution.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    shark,

I sincerely hope there will be! However, I want it to be a peaceful one. Best way, via the proverbial ballot box, while we still have a chance.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion