tuscl

What Do You Want Out of This Board?

Wednesday, September 7, 2005 3:29 AM
Why do you post and/or read this board? What are you hoping to gain? Are you gaining it? What, if anything, would you like to see on this board that you're not?

11 comments

• chandler
    19 years ago
    RL would probably feel betrayed once he caught on that model trains aren't life size.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I used to enjoy watching model railroads but also enjoyed an old tv show where a guy enjoyed blowing them up and/or watching them collide in a big train wreck. I've seen some video footage of jet model airplanes and think those would be even cooler if they had dogfights with ammo and miniature rockets. Of course those hobbies would be way too expensive for me to participate but it would be fun to watch. I guess I'm here for the entertainment and any useful tips as well.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    But what I can't figure out is why SC haters come here. Would you go to your local model railroad club meeting and berate people for spending money on their hobby? What you're doing is just as rude and stupid. If you don't enjoy spending time with at least some strippers, please leave. RL please note.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I come here for the same reason I go to clubs, it's entertaining. Almost every hobby has a place where fellow hobbyists can get together to talk about their common interests. This is ours.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Reading this board on occasion lets me tell myself that I don't spend too much time in clubs and thinking about strippers, kind of a reverse AA.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Hmm, I may have skimped there on what I DO want: I appreciate the relatively civilized, good humored tone that prevails here. Some of you may laugh who have been through past blowups. But it's a minor miracle that the board has moved on. Usually, once those things start, a forum descends into infantile name calling with no going back, (e.g., most [view link] club comments pages). I guess the registration requirement filters out that junk. And I would like to see a higher volume of posts. Quite often, I'll check the board, but there's hardly anything new since the last time I checked. And I don't mean to resent all the dating tips posts. They'll always be here. I'd just rather they didn't draw too much attention away from the suff I care about.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I'm mainly interested in topics that relate to experiences in the club as a customer. Not all the self-help pointers for those who want to score with strippers, date strippers or win the hearts of strippers. I have nothing against those things happening, I just usually find the discussions to be futile and sad. Oh sure, they can be funny - like watching a dog chase a car. So, it's a bit disappointing to me when those topics dominate the board.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    The things I read on this board reinforce the opinions and observations that I have developed over the years. Weather I agree with another post or not, after over 20 years of clubbing I can understand where just about every opinion comes from. Even if I don't always agree wit it. aside from that, some of the foolishness I see here really makes me laugh my ass off....
  • mtang
    19 years ago
    this board is wonderful, I post to contribute and discuss. I come to get reviews of places which helps me not get ripped off, so it's great.
  • mtang
    19 years ago
    oh maybe you meant the discussion board just to share some stories and thoughts and maybe tips on clubs, I'd love to see more talk about strip club experiences.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    I hate to admit it, but I get support from this Board. I know that I am not alone in dealing with this fascinating, confusing, entertaining and mysterious sub-culture that I explore when I should be doing other things with my time and money.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion