tuscl

***Detroit raids***

Thursday, February 20, 2014 10:30 AM
The vice unit has been relentless this Year. They've hit all of the Eight Mile clubs already, including the new one off Mound Road that just opened. Good to know that the criminals are being put away. Lap dances are the REAL threat--not property and violent crimes!

17 comments

• Tiredtraveler
    10 years ago
    Wasn't this already posted?
  • boogieknight369
    10 years ago
    Maybe. But the new scores that literally just opened Monday and got raided on Wednesday is pretty frickin ridiculous. This city has the most fucked up priorities. The clubs in this town have to be some of the bigger tax payers. WTF?
  • 216OJ614
    10 years ago
    I was planning a trip to penthouse and players early in March is it safe to go?
  • Hard4Dancers
    10 years ago
    Great point Boogie. The much needed tax revenue these places generate is enormous, plus it keeps a lot of the activity off the street. It's all about ca$h and politics.
  • Tiredtraveler
    10 years ago
    I do not think Providence will settle down until after the next election cycle when the politicians aren't looking for "Tough on Crime" headlines to get re-elected.
  • sofaking87
    10 years ago
    This is why I keep pushing Windsor, I haven't read of any raids there, and it's much safer by far.
  • deogol
    10 years ago
    Detroit democrat politicians haven't yet pushed the last of the work out of the city - keep on going democrats!!! You can make it a bigger wasteland! All jobs be government jobs!
  • boogieknight369
    10 years ago
    216, I'm still going to Detroit clubs regularly, including penthouse. Just don't get caught with your pants down, which you'll have plenty of time to pull up before vice gets to the vip rooms.
  • 216OJ614
    10 years ago
    ^Thanks lol hopefully this ends soon
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    This is good news for the strip clubs in the suburbs. Meanwhile, with all the cut-backs it is taking Detroit police an hour to respond to 911 calls.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I would not mind raids if they were for the sole purpose of prosecuting dancers that give lame-ass LDs or are ROBs – i.e. prosecute them for false advertisement and taking money w/o delivering the agreed service :)
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    Mayor Michael E. Duggan took office Jan. 1, 2014, with no real power as the city is under control of a gubernatorially appointed Emergency Manager who has put Detroit in Chapter 9 bankruptcy. Mayor Duggan, once the Wayne County Prosecuting Attorney, has to do something to satisfy the neighborhood groups that helped get him elected. Raiding strip clubs shows that he is tough on crime and protecting property values. This has nothing to do with having to wait 45 minutes to an hour for a bus in the worst winter in 50 years. Raids have also hit apartment buildings known for being drug distribution centers. The usual bribes may not work with this new administration. Detroit's clergy, major opponents of strip clubs, believe that they can set the agenda and crimp, if not crush, SCs. We'll have to wait and see if things ease up, once the new administration is forced to focus on bondholders in bankruptcy court, police response time, a worthless bus system, education, blight and on and on.
  • Hard4Dancers
    10 years ago
    Jackslash, I noticed that all of the raided clubs were inside the actual city of Detroit. So the suburban bars are still safe (for now).
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    This is what a BROKE city decides is it's spending priority? Build walls around Detroit, then send in Snake Pliskin to kill the head of the Police Department. Sorry Hamtramck and Highland Park, you're fucked.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    Detroit is the epicenter of left wing political thought and the ultimate is a society where no one works.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    @skibum: Corruption knows no politics. You can bleat all you want about it, but in the end you're just rooting for or against a uniform.
  • august313
    9 years ago
    Detroit 11th Precinct, NE Eight Mile area east of Mound, Capt, Tim Leach, your public servant and the club dancer terrorist. Gals, get a lawyer, make these perverts testfy in public court. Uses probation trainee undercovers, cowardly hooded raid techniques. Alledged purpose harass dancers with Detroit only blue laws (butt cheek coverage). and ID checks for bench warrent deadbeats. Zero mainsream news coverage. As it doesn't bleed, it doesn't lead. Of course we have the average 3 killings per night here. Fun City.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion