tuscl

Another club owner does something stupid

A Miami Beach club has just lost their permit for allowing a 13 year old to dance.

http://arcamax.com/currentnews/newsheadl…

If you read the article the authorities are holding the owner responsible for the manager not catching the girl and allowing her to dance because he was an employee.

This is the same thing that closed down Cheaters in Providence and has brought heat on all the other clubs.
Overly greedy owners doing stupid things and cutting corners by not hiring competent staff are to stupid to see that they are hurting themselves in the long run.

If I owned a club I would make sure all dancers had positive ID that would be run through a data background check (there are services available that do this on line in minutes for a moderate fee) to make sure the ID is not a fake and would have a policy in place that any manager that does not follow this procedure is immediately fired.

One underage dancer through the door for one night can kill the golden goose.

How would you make sure this did not happen at your club.

As a patron I seldom get dances from any girl who looks less than 25 mainly because at 60 I prefer women over girls and to avoid being with an underage dancer. I was in a club in Philly sitting at the bar when the cops came in and carded everyone looking for underage runaways and one of the dancers later told me that if there had been one here and she was in a private dance they would haul in the patron also, it had happened at a club she had worked before.

5 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Obviously, they don't use e-verify.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    City allows Miami Beach strip club to reopen

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/29/39…
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    It's hard to believe that nobody noticed a 13-year-old looked too young. The same thing happened in Detroit a few years ago, and they shut down the club.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Traveler is right. You cant chance loosing the golden goose
  • Cheo_D
    11 years ago
    So here we have a business with a careless, greedy, indifferent, sloppy "culture". And the owner/GM can't really wash their hands completely -- like Tiredtraveler said, a business owner has to make it perfectly clear to his lieutenants that they should not imperil the business by stupid omissions of diligence. An owner/GM has to establish habits of good management, especially if he knows the Powers don't particularly like the business. Now this incident virtually guarantees that their effort to have Miami Beach loosen their regs will go absolutely nowhere. And if they thought their permit renewals were a hassle the last time around...

But then again it's Club Madonna's in South Beach, I get the feeling it was not badly missed during the suspension, all reports are that it's utterly lame on every count.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion