tuscl

Detroit Clubs

oontangpay
Pennsylvania
Monday, January 13, 2014 6:38 PM
heading to Detroit this week and first time ill be hitting the club scene. ive been studying up on which clubs to hit and looks like I'll make my way to the Coliseum, maybe Flight Club, and Penthouse one thing I generally don't see is attire for the venue, it would be nice if this were added to the all clubs info on this site. anyway, what club would you Detroit vets recommend on a Fri Afternoon vs Weekend Evening? anything in addition to the aforementioned three? thx in advance!

11 comments

• Alucard
    10 years ago
    PHC us quite expensive, bring a lot of cash.
  • Electronman
    10 years ago
    The timing of your visit might be a bit "off" as there have been a few recent LE raids of Detroit clubs, mostly focusing on dancers and patrons with outstanding arrest warrants but that still poses some risk. See following story about a Detroit area club that is accused of employing underage dancers, drug activity and prostitution: HIGHLAND PARK, Mich. - Dozens of people were hauled out of Deja Vu Adult Club in Highland Park -- cars and SUV's towed away and large sums of money counted by investigators. The raid was months in the making after complaints about what was going on inside. "This is a pretty big event," said one officer, "It effects the whole community." Those inside got a big surprise -- officers shepherding everyone out side and hauling out the flexi cuffs. Officials said the strip club was operating as an after hours club as well. Dozens were taken into custody and their vehicles seized. Officers said complaints about the club and how it runs have been constantly pouring into the police department. Investigators added that the volume of illegal activity they've documented in the club could be enough to shut the club down permanently. "We're trying to cleanup the streets," said the officer. [view link] ... index.html
  • Electronman
    10 years ago
    Whoops, try this URL: [view link]
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Electronman, are the LE guys going after the clubs the OP mentioned next? I think that the Highland Park Vu is a special situation. Or should EVERY club in the Metropolitan area go on 24 hour LE watch?
  • oontangpay
    10 years ago
    thanks for the info, appreciate it. I'll be posting reviews to update and hopefully this is just an isolated situation.
  • sofaking87
    10 years ago
    I say go to Windsor dude, it's a lot safer, you don't hear about shootings, robberies, and police raids there.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    You mention 3 good clubs. I don't know if the recent raids will affect the amount of fun offered in Detroit clubs, but the Flight Club is outside Detroit and definitely won't be affected. I don't think any these clubs have a dress code per se. Just don't wear torn or dirty clothes because they might bar you to keep out the bums.
  • tttclub
    10 years ago
    With the auto show in town and a recent string of raids in Detroit, I would stay away from the clubs within the Detroit city limits. The new police chief is looking to make a name for himself and the occasional hassles will continue. That includes PH and Coliseum. Plenty to be had though out towards the west side. Flight Club is a good stop. You'll have fun there. Also BT's, Toy Chest, and Landing Strip are middle of the road clubs that can be hit or miss, but usually a good time. Or go slumming at Bogarts or a H8. Personally, Windsor clubs are very overrated and you have to cross the border which can lead to issues if you're unlucky. Probably no trouble there, but in my experience, a lame time.
  • georgebailey
    10 years ago
    I think LE will lay low during the NAIAS. This is not the time to fill the paper with vice busts.
  • Estafador
    10 years ago
    The number of detroit club threads we could count could not be contained with one hand...or perhaps 2.
  • Electronman
    10 years ago
    The Highland Park raid was probably something of an anomaly in that club activities were reported to be spilling out into the surrounding neighborhood (loud partying, trash, public urination) and the club reportedly employed underage dancers and allowed minors to consume alcohol in after hours parties. But, I've also heard reports of a few additional raids in the Detroit metro area (e.g., Toy Chest and Players) but these may have been targeted raids focusing on outstanding arrest warrants. Nevertheless, with a new police chief and city administration, there may be an increase in LE activities at the strip clubs-- too early to tell is this is a trend or a blip. Like it or not, having sex in a strip club probably violates prostitution laws and puts you at some risk. But don't forget that we take calculated risks all the time, some of which involve violation of laws (e.g, speeding on the interstate, jaywalking, smoking some non-medicinal marijuana). Since the Highland Park raid, I've visited several Detroit Metro clubs and it was business as usual. Give us a report on your Detroit adventures if you partake of a strip club visit (or two or three, etc.).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion