tuscl

Tips

Friday, December 27, 2013 6:00 AM
I tip everyone, for my mother was a waitress so she pushed hard. Pushed so hard that I over tip a lot. But, tips do allow you access to places without paying the establishment. And fuck the club, they make money up the you know what! But my question is, "Do you tip a stripper after a personal lap dance?" And if so, say $25 per song, how much? Before I sate what I do tip, yes I'm a rookie, I want to see the responses.

23 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I do not tip for ordinary lap dances. I usually tip 20% for happy endings in VIP.
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    I never tip strippers, I've come close, but... nope. tipping waitresses is a good thing to do. But strippers spend their cash on drugs, booze, and bad boyfriends, and to top it off they doubt they ever declared it as income and pay tax on it!
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    It depends on service.
  • big_d_2011
    11 years ago
    Most of the dancers I have met do not expect a tip but I tip almost every time unless I feel it is a very mechanical dance or I feel she is trying to cheat me. I usually tip about $10 if I enjoyed the dance. I tip more if I really like the dancer and want to get her attention. I have a couple of dancers that I tend to spend my time with and I always tip them about $20 after the dances. I always tip them on stage as well, even if it is just a few dollars. I am in my early 30's and a lot of dancers would pass me by at first because I look even younger. It was frustrating for me starting out because I would always get passed over. I am not a bad looking guy at all, but these girls are there to make money and will flock to those who they feel have it. I am not the whale that some others in the club are but I do spend a car payment when I come in and $10 or $20 is not going to break me. I am not a sucker and know they are after my money, just like I am after a good time, but the dancers who are my regulars do appreciate the tip. I am sure others have a difference of opinion, but this has worked well for me.
  • crsm27
    11 years ago
    I am like big d. I don't tip extra after a dance all the time. It depends if it is a good dance. If they allow some touching. In MN it is supposed to be hands free and only one way contact. It the dancer lets that slide a little I tip about $5 per song. So if I was back on a 8 song rotation at $20 a song... I slide them a C note. Now if they don't let touching slide, are not giving a good grind, are not "PEAKING" my interest, etc. I cut the songs short (I always do 2) and don't tip extra. You can see some of my comments on tipping and stage tipping from some of the other discussion stuff and see what I have done.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Rarely after the first dance from a particular dancer. Let's say the audition. If she passes that and I keep her a couple of more, I'll usually pay their "room fee". Now is she becomes a fave, I have been known to turn into near a complete PL. :)
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    I usually tip in a small amount for basic dances, which around here are amazing and a bit more after a CR. Knowing a lot of other guys who go to the clubs and sharing information with them has led me to believe I get treated better than they do which is why I do it.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Tip always depends on services provided. I always tip the waitresses and that usually helps tone down the buy a drink pressure. The problem is everyone always wants a tip and look at the dollar amount not the %. I once tipped a waitress a dollar for a %4 bottle of water and she got PO'ed. I told her when she asked for more I said that it was a 25% tip and could she send someone else to serve me next time. She was really po'ed then and stomped off.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    It depends. If it's a dance where I get to do my usual groping, and she seems into it, yeah I usually tip. $5-10 for each dance or two. Waitresses and bartenders get a dollar per drink, even if they don't charge me, as often happens with my glasses of water.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    I guess I should have mentioned the barmaids/tenders. I always take care of them, and at times bouncers if in the "special" rooms. All can be a wealth of information. MY ATFB used to call me and let me know when certain dancers were working.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I don't tip for lap dances--especially if a dancer asks for a tip. I have been known to tip for other services, but I usually just give the dancer the agreed upon amount.
  • big_d_2011
    11 years ago
    I do agree with you on that jack. If they ask for a tip, they do not get it. The worst dance I ever had was at Platinum in Columbia and after an air dance she asked me for a tip. I shook my head and laughed and gave her the agreed upon amount. Only one dancer in my 4 years of clubbing has asked for a tip.
  • S.C.Couple
    11 years ago
    Ok, first I do agree with raising the prices on the alp dance, got Cha! I always tip the door guy, valet guy, and the FLOOR MANAGER, Those are a must to me. But I ways always second guessing the tip to the strippers either if I did or didn't. Oh, but the waitresses at these clubs..... Are fucking rude! Now, that is like saying cops are asshole, which they are, but a few, a VERY few, are good. So yes, there are a couple good ones few and far between. Then again when anyone that works at the club sees you rubbing elbows with their management you get treated better by all. So again, tipping the floor manager and then shaking hands out in the open pays BIG dividends.
  • Yoda
    11 years ago
    Depends on the club and the situation. If I'm doing individual dances I sometimes tip back the $5 fee that the house collects per song but if I'm doing a full VIP I rarely tip. I'm handing a woman $300 for an hour's work.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I never tip the management. I rarely tip the dancers. If it's in a club I plan to visit again and the dancer did an exceptional dance and I want to encourage her to ask me again on their two for one, I might tip her $5 after the set is over. Especially if I forgot to get change and don't have proper change,then I'll just tip her a 5 rather than give her a twenty and 5 ones. I did have one dancer ask if I wanted change so maybe not many tip in my area. I tip the waitresses a dollar for just about every beer they bring over in one club. I think that may be too much. I think by delivering very poor service, they might want bigger tips. I just walk over to the bar myself most of the time. I do not tip well for poor service and I have a very good memory when someone treats me poorly. Unless the waitress is hot, I might ignore her and get drinks myself. If the waitress is hot and friendly, I tend to quickly overlook poor service on the previous visit. I can at least think brains may not have come with the package.
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    I agree, tipping drives up the cost of dances. The babes will expect that level of tipping from everyone.
  • Essdub
    11 years ago
    I think people that have served or bartended or had a relative who did tend to be better tippers on average, though I'm not sure it's always "appreciated". In my area clubs are more on the low end and I think a dollar is a standard tip for a waitress or bartender. Sometimes I'll tip a five to a waitress or bartender that has always been good to me, same goes for a stage tip for a dancer that I know and like. There's no valet here and I wouldn't tip a bouncer or manager since a lot of them are assholes and get tip outs from the dancers anyway. Generally I just pay the standard rate on lap dances, unless they go above and beyond my expectations, then I might add 20-25% as long as they don't ask for it or try to over count. I don't tip girls for sitting with me, but I'll buy drinks if I like their company. I don't think you should feel obligated to tip extra for lap dances--the price is the price--though I usually do over pay a little bit with my favorite because she gives me great full contact dances for $10, doesn't hustle or bullshit me, is fun to hang out with and stupid hot on top of that.
  • rl27
    11 years ago
    It depends on the quality of the dance, and it's usually anywhere from $5 to $15 dollars depending on how many songs. The most I ever tipped was $45 and that was after 3 consecutive $150 for an hour specials from this one dancer at one club over a decade ago.
  • scatterbrain
    11 years ago
    I tip what I can afford regardless of the effort. It's only money for goodness sake.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    The tipping of waitstaff is a quaint and silly custom. It ought to just be included in the price of the food and drink. There are exceptions, Hooters or other bars with eye-candy waitstaff, singing waitstaff, etc. But if you go to a typical restaurant to "enjoy the personality" of the waitstaff, you are a serious knob. "Special" is bad with waitstaff. You are there to enjoy the food and the company of the people you can with. Waiting tables is not like Olympic gymnastics, you don't need tipping as the equivalent of the cards from 1 to 10, giving you feedback to hone your plate-carrying skills to world-class levels. (Dang I'm the waitress's rickdogan!) When I go to the club, I always get at least 10 dances, normally more like 20. If I only get one dance from a dancer, it's because I'm never getting another dance from her. I'm fine with it if they don't have time (or don't want) to hang out with me. If every customer spent as much as I did, the average nightly stripper take-home money would be in 4 figures. So I feel like I'm holding up my end, without tipping dancers for LDs. If a dancer told me upfront, I expect a tip of $$$, I would not get pissed about it. Since the club is charging rather than paying her to work there, she has every right to set her own prices as she sees fit. But I would probably say no to her. Because, so far, I'm able to find dancers I find very beautiful who are OK with the club's standard dance price, sans tip.
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    I always tip at the rail, and frankly it is expected if you are sitting at the bar (which surrounds the stage at this club). How much? Anywhere from $1 to $4. Two dancers (ATF and 2nd Fav) get $4. Four girls that are long term "friends" get $3, six get $2 and the balance get $1. BTW, all dances here last an entire song, no shorts. I always tip the bartender/food server 20%. I even tip $1 for each free soda refill, which is why I think I get a lot of free refills. As far as LDs are concerned, I tip $5 per $30 dance. This makes up what the dancer owes the club. Do I think my tipping affects my level of service? You bet. Finally, I recognize that each of these girls is getting naked on stage for my benefit. It is not an easy job and frankly, if they can't make a decent living doing it, they'll find something else to do. When I come in, they ate all glad to see me.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Stage tipping is another matter, often very important for stripper morale.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I cover the room fee so the dancer keeps the full amount.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion