tuscl

Providence, RI status update?

Electronman
Too much of a good thing is never enough
There was a time when the Providence strip club scene was hot. From reading recent reviews, it sounds like things have cooled off significantly, maybe to PG-13 levels? I recall reading about the recent passage of laws in RI that had an impact on the strip club scene.

A question for those familiar with the Providence scene, are the Providence clubs (or other clubs in the area) still worth a visit? For me, the dancers would need to offer high mileage private dances, certainly more than an air dance, to make a visit worthwhile. Any recommendations on clubs? Feel free to PM if you'd prefer.

11 comments

• samsung1
    11 years ago
    Cheaters in providence is a club that is now closed. I don't recall the reason why it was closed though.

Read the December 12 review of Cadillac Lounge- $150 FS offer. Maybe things have toned down but sounds like there are still opportunities.

How are things up in Detroit? Is hustler still running?
  • Electronman
    11 years ago
    Samsung: Thanks for the confirmation that Providence still has a decent SC scene.

In response to your query, Hustler Club, Detroit (really Lincoln Park) is still open but it's popularity took a major nose dive when corporate (the Deja Vu chain) started enforcing restrictive lap dance policies and increased the prices (not a good formula for business success--- cut back on the quality of your service and increase the prices!). Fortunately, there are plenty of alternative clubs in the Detroit Metro area that provide excellent value. However, I've read reports of a few scattered raids at Detroit strip clubs (Toy Chest, Players, BT's) but some of these raids appear to be motivated by outstanding warrants for SC workers rather than a wide spread and recurring crack down on strip clubs. The Detroit Metro area still offers one of the best SC scenes in the U.S. in terms of liberal policies and value. Hope you can make a visit back to the Motor City in the near future.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    It would be (especially) sick if the Detroit Cops are bothering at all with victimless crime.
  • Yoda
    11 years ago
    Cheaters is still closed though it may reopen. Club Fantasies, The Foxy Lady and Cadillac Lounge are open but have greatly reduced privacy in the private dance booths. The girls are being watched and it's not unusual for a bouncer to pop in during a dance to make sure nothing is going on. The Satin Doll is temporarily closed due to a soliciting charge. Club Desire seems to be business as usual. Private rooms are still private and the action is still hot and heavy.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    There was talk of Cheaters reopening. He hired an underage runaway stripper/prostitute with a cheesy fake ID that they did not check and a couple of girls got busted for soliciting. Cheater's owner received (according to the newspaper) a 45 day license suspension and $5000 fine. The suspension was up sometime mid December and I do not know if he has reopened. Cadillac cleaned house on the girls that were openly soliciting and have nailed the curtains in the private rooms so they stay open a few inches. The heat was on pretty hard for all the club from the dancer talk I heard and they had to be careful. Because of the lightness of the fine the politicos are in cover their ass mode and have turn up the heat across the board. Whether it cools off remains to be seen.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Please note on the weekends at CL the house mom is having the bouncers watch more closely. You are more likely to do better on weekdays before she comes in. I was told this by a long time dancers that is discrete and chooses her partners carefully.
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    Cheaters closed because they got bagged with a 14 year old dancer. I keep reading about changes in the other clubs, but except for Club Fantasies toning down their contact I haven't seen anything unusual. Desires is still the same for the regulars. Providence's problem is that the city is run by liberals and they seem to resent any private venture that makes money and employs people.
  • thenumber10
    11 years ago
    Last week the owner of Desire and some cops went to the private booths for "surprise" inspections to see how intimate the dances were getting. No one got busted but some of the dancers are much more weary of first timers now, especially after the whole secret recording that went on there. I can't speak to the changes in other places, except that as of last week Cheaters was still closed.

And Skibum, its not just the liberals, its the hypocritical moralists who use any excuse to shut down anything they find "offensive". Like the guy I heard on WPRO who in one segment was complaining about how business unfriendly RI is and then in the next demanded that Desire/Lust be shit down because they can be seen from the highway.
  • Yoda
    11 years ago
    I talked to my fave at Desire a few days after the visit from LE and her take was that no one from management was actually surprised by it. If you are a regular it's business as usual. I don't buy the liberal argument. The fact is these clubs could have been raided and shut down anytime in the last 3 years since the city's indoor prostitution ordinance was amended. Most people in government and LE agree that they would rather have guys getting their nut off inside the club rather than having more street walkers servicing guys out where the public can see it. The I team report shined a light on something that is really no secret to anyone in the know. Hopefully the excitement will die down sooner rather than later.
  • jack0505
    11 years ago
    Clubs not as fun anymore. Still have good high-contact lap dances, but many dancers have left the clubs that are still open.
  • blacky
    11 years ago
    I used to go to Fantasies a lot and had my choice of girls that would happily do a BJ (in many cased BBBJCIM) in the rooms but now with the holes in the doors and many LD spots closed, action is severely diminished.
    On the LD side, still high contact and I can usually get away with more south of the border action than typical in a LD room with a few dancers but that used to happen with at least 1/2 of the girls. Also, the quality of the dancers, never mind the quantity, at CF is way down.
    Caddy is my other standard club and things have changed but extras are apparently fairly easy to find. I was there earlier this week and the girl had no problem having her hand roam up and down my leg and caressing my junk while we were grabbing a drink near the stage - this is not unusual. As I was low on funds, we did a 15 min couch upstairs - sort of like an extended LD but without any partitions. As we were the only ones upstairs, had a fair amount of privacy and she had no issue giving me a HJ but it had to be inside my pants and I'm not a big fan of jizzing in my pants. This wasn't too bad - $125 including house fee. In addition, she offered FS or BJ in the CR for $250 - she said that even though the curtains stay open a bit, no one looks. I have been told this by a few girls at Caddy. This is not the case at CF where the bouncers are checking out the rooms all the time, according to the dancers there - one of my ATF says that she can get away with more in the LD area than in the CR!!
    Oh, one change at Caddy that is fairly new, the girls can't be in the booth with you before the song starts - they have to wait in the hall.
    Also, at CF, the price of the LD went from the $25 to $30. I also read that at Foxy, they now have some sort of timestamp for the LD booth rather than going by song - their LD area sucked before, with this new change, if true, seems like a total waste of time.
    So..as someone that isn't a regular at Desire, is it worth going there now?
    Also, I typically go to clubs during the day but suppose I could try and get there for an evening if things were much better. It used to be you could get young and petite and pretty at CF during the day and no where else - I now see a few of these at Caddy but haven't seen any recently at Foxy or Desire.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion